When do civs restart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do civs restart?

If you have the option to restart killed civs turned on, is there a time limit for them to restart? In my experience, they only restart if you kill them before around 1AD - can anyone tell me if this is true?

How about for MGE, which I don't have much experience with?
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

I thought they restarted after also. I think that they do need to have some free space on the board tho...

Comment

I think they stop restarting at 1750ad or 1850ad.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I've definitely seen them restart as late as 1000 a.d., but never as late as 1750 (thank goodness). I do play ToT, though, so maybe it's different.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

In the Campo challenge, they restarted against me through at least 1500. Didn't need very darn much space, either.

Comment

It's 1720AD and we in the Democracy game are about to start unloading on some Civs. If anyone can clear this up on whether we can expect a restart or not - please let me know.

Minister of WAR, not peace.
            MrWIA.
            Consul.

Comment

I dont think with our map and being in 1720ad we can expect a restart.

I have never seen it happen this late in the game.
              However I remember several games where there was no restart and it was much earlyer in the game.

Comment

as far as I know they restart as long as they have room to settle a new empire(although they sometimes may get an entire island for theirselves they sometimes only build 1 city )

About the demo-game--> someone in council do a trail and error?
                (or I could do it using an old game I stil have--> whipe out the civ with the cheat-mode and see what happens... just say who you want to see killed?Cleo? or Lincon? )

Shade
                ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

As for the democracy game, the 'restart civs' toggle was probably on when I started, that's what I always use in my own games... More hunting that way, you know.
                  The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                  intelligence to few.

Comment

No matter. By then it will be someone ELSE's problem.

Minister of WAR, not peace.
                    MrWIA.
                    Consul.

Comment

I've seen restarts nearly this late in a game, but not after 1750ad. And they don't need any space at all. I remember once having the Germans restart on a one-square hill island with no specials around.
                      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                      intelligence to few.

Comment

I've seen em on an island also. I think they need distance from your units though.

Comment

is it the same conditions as the civ3 restart of civs ? or did they make "advanced" changes to this feature as well
                          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

i never play with civ restart.... what does it add to the game anyway?
                            I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Civs restart up to 1480a

In a recent game I tested the idea that the cutoff point for restarting was 1500a. I hit the last city until the flag dropped but did not enter on that turn. At the beginning of the next turn, 1500a, I entered the city destroying that Civ. The color did not regenerate a new civ.

After saving, I reloaded to the previous turn and entered the city. This time when the Civ was destroyed a new one was created.

Settings were: Deity, raging hoards, 7, large map.

Therfore, Civs will restart that color up to 1480a; but from 1500a onward, when you kill them they stay dead.
                              so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Working...
                              X