No announcement yet.

New challenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a giga map La Fayette - so must be MGE...

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Mercatia
      Hey Graag I'll try MP with you... Im still quite green but I know a few tricks. By the way can you save MP games and play at different times?
      lol thanks, I only really contact people through icq, so add me.
      Its always good to play someone new.

I remember the no city challenge we played... fun but surprisingly easy... don't remember only building units though, could add a new angle of difficulty.

I started the gigagame. Going well, I only fear the key is trade, which I am only begining to master. My exploration goes quite well and my civ size, but I'm worried I'm not up to speed on trade. Will be very curious to see how other people played this one. I've recently gone early rep, having huge happiness problems... HG on the way...
      I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
      Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Am I the only one that can't seem to d'l an attachment anymore?...something has changed
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Smash...nothing fancy about my game attachment...though I didn't zip it...Civ 2 version 5.4 patch 3 I don't do fancy things with geek stuff

--------------------

SG(2)

Comment

Its the same with any attachments.Theres' a few over in mp forum but all I get is "Congratulations!.You have found a missing page".Doesn't matter if I click on it or if I right click and save as.

Seems Rah has/had the same problem.And finbar also.
            Rah was netscape.I am IE so thats not it.
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Smash...just emailed you the zipped game.

------------

SG(2)

Comment

Thank you sire

however ..if you sent to altavista..well they cancelled their e-mail..so if you could

smash@civfanatics.net

Comment

Of course, it didn't work because I tried to play 2.42. It works like a charm with my UCC CD. I have played past 1AD and shall post a few details within a few minutes.
                  Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Some details at 1AD

OK it's a tiny island, but quite hospitable.
                    I have built Col, HG and Marco, but the Roman civ remains a small one: 5 cities, 27 squares worked and 25 shields/turn.
                    Come on smash! I bet you can beat that .

BTW SG2 do you wish early conquest or early launching?

Comment

I have started the deep south game, and am doing well. My small island has built many wonders. A couple of interesting observations: Barbarians did not show up until very late in the game. No matter, I was prepared for them. I kept my initial four cities for a long time. Marco polo's showed that my rivals did not expand like they could have on a large map. Late in the game, I sent a trireme and a settler and found the english lands. I started building cities there, and only then did my rivals match me.

Comment

The problem with this is the ai is also stuck on small islands.

My first goal was Mapmaking and The Lighthouse(duh).Then Marco's.Here I traded much,gifted,demanded tribute and shared maps.
                        I traveled the poles until Lighthouse and found unihabited land pretty quick.Soon settlers were sailing their way to form new colonies.

Its going along almost like a normal game.At 1 ad:

12 cities(5 on mainlannd)
                        23 techs
                        Lighthouse,Marco's and Cope's.128 sheilds of Mich's finished.
                        500,000 square miles
                        870,000 citizens

47 squares(including city centers)
                        51 sheilds produced

Comment

Re: Some details at 1AD

Originally posted by La Fayette
                          BTW SG2 do you wish early conquest or early launching?
                          Either...go where you think the game leads you. I will probably try conquest as I've just taken Athens (Sun Tzu) and bribed Sparta (Great Wall). However, I'm well past 1AD!

---------------

SG(2)

Comment

I will also do conquest most likely.I captured The Wall in Athens,and,along with my War Academy,it seems logical to conquer.
                            Closing in on 1000AD though and only 1 civ down.Navigation and Magellan's on board so I can get to them a wee bit quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
                              .At 1 ad:

12 cities(5 on mainlannd)
                              23 techs
                              Lighthouse,Marco's and Cope's.128 sheilds of Mich's finished.
                              500,000 square miles
                              870,000 citizens

47 squares(including city centers)
                              51 sheilds produced
                              I knew this would happen, since ALL my early scouts got killed by barbs. You are sure going to play a winning game (at least compared to mine ). Do you intend to rehome caravans?

Comment

La Fayette ... the game is telling you to find your Michelin guide to space travel I am building plenty of caravans but not rehoming.

------------------

SG(2)

Comment

Working...
                                X