Wanted: a detailed analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: a detailed analysis

I usually see brief logs at Apolyton threads, but I would like to experience some more detailed debate, so that I see how others manage the game in detail and their way of thinking.
    Of course, such a debate couldn't aim all the game, I think the stage of the beginning is optimal.

I started a try in Campo Challenge 1, and I post .sav file after each turn of my game and also very detailed logs (In the game I always try to evaluate each possible action, then I explain how did I think. I never choose from different ways of playing accidentally or intuitively.)

Debeest posted a log that is detailed enough also, but I would like if more people would join us.

I don't say the idea must be realised with the "Campo" game, but I won't be able to start another game next month
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

ST: the Laugh at a Scouse Git thread had the most detailed logs I've seen so far.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV
      ST: the Laugh at a Scouse Git thread had the most detailed logs I've seen so far.
      Thank you, I see I missed something.

Anyway, for me, it is too brief!

My idea was to take a short part of the game only, and to explain reasons for every atomic action (why did you move/explore the square south and not east? How did you count that immediate city has higher value than a road first?...)

See my log to 3000BC (you needn't load .zip, it is also directly on page 2). I was lazy, I was surfing on the surface only, but I am prepared to debate deeper.

Comment

ST
        I would be so happy if you once played a game past 1AD

May I suggest that you discuss modern warfare instead?
        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

La Fayette,
          Noooo...First 5 turns are interesting enough

Comment

Working...
          X