Hall Of Fame : 3015% on Deity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall Of Fame : 3015% on Deity

Couple of months ago I sent in the DEITY HIGH SCORE RECORD OF ALL TIMES : 3015%, but it never got published in the HOF.

Normally, I would not mind, but for getting to this score I have put in too much effort just to let this pass by silently.
    ... So I decided to organise my own publicity campaign...

Let it be known, the hall of fame is mine ...

PS: I'm already looking forward to the one who beats this (you have to be absolutely mad to do it, I realize that now).

Congratulations... not mad, just bored

How many points did you rack up
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

How many years did it take you? Congratulations, a record I shall never approach.

------------------
      Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
      "The Great Library must be built!"
      "A short cut has to be challenging,
      were it not so it would be 'the way'."
      - Paul Craven
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

WOW! What an acheivement! Congrats!

So, give us some details, what were the game settings? What version? How long did it take (game play hours)?

John-SJ

Comment

Some details :

Big map, other settings standard, 7 civs. It took me several months, in game time I have absolutely no idea (far too long to do it again).

One of the main strategies that did the trick, was applying a high cash investement rate. I never build up cash, I invest it in building improvements and units. Off cource this is coupled to a high trade focus.

Second rule of thumb, no fighting but bribing. During the whole game I never had an army worth being called an army.

Oh my, only three replies... sniff, sniff ... I though I would become famous with this one.

Comment

send it here.Its pretty current.If it passes inspection it will wax the other scores.
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Make sure you haven't done anything to wreck your chances of getting your game published. For example, in my current game, I have a city called Dike. It's named after a real city nearby. The city, in turn, is named after a wall for holding back water, like you might expect. But taken out of context, someone might have trouble taking my game and posting it in a public forum. Check the content of your game file for anything that might be a problem.

Comment

Congrats Smilo I think most of civers want to try how high they can go with the score.. once I did that with emperor level to 14500 and it was really tedious work to do.

After that I have moved on to win various challenges: OCC, OCC bloodlust, 'wait for Jesus'-challenge (put settlers to sleep until 1AD) etc (at deity level of course) The fun thing is to win the challenge, the score isn't important.

Smilo, I'm curious yet what's the score was (how many points did you get)? Did you use food caravan trick to get starving big cities? IIRC the theoretical maximum of score is near 30000 points, someone has calculated that here at Apolyton.

Comment

Its probably the same as the gold limit.32,000 IIRC.I wonder if the score can be "rolled over" to negative numbers.
                  The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

How is it that those top scores at deity have a weird power graph. Both the top one on this site's HOF (at around 2200%) and the one on the HOF of the site mentioned by smash above(at 1400%) seem to have the winning civ totally come down to zero and then years later ressurect themselves. Is there something that I am missing? I also checked out the other details and there are other questions to be asked on authenticity in my opinion. Has anyone else checked them out. Maybe to totally verify authenticity the game should be saved every 100 years, not just at the end.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Boney on 03-26-2001 03:41 AM
                      Maybe to totally verify authenticity the game should be saved every 100 years, not just at the end.

It's very easy to turn the cheat option on, and then, to remove the red "Cheat Mode" text from the Civ Hall of Fame, Very very easy,...

This one, per example, was cheating, this is so clear!!!

If pay some attention to the graph, you'll see that until ~1500, it's progressing "classicaly", and suddenly, he goes to the maximum in a few turns !!! AI gift ??? Hutts ?? Naah

Comment

Please - don't be so quick to cry cheat! I looked at the PowerGraph you show and it did not strike me as overtly strange - indeed it looks quite similar to this one:

which is the result I obtained by playing out a particularly 'bad start' that one of the posters had kindly put up in these fora. It takes time to get ones's Lebensraum - but then the world is yours.
                        Of course, you might be right and some of the high scores are obtained by less than legitimate means -- indeed the PG above might be a total forgery - but it isn't.

------------------
                        Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
                        "The Great Library must be built!"
                        "A short cut has to be challenging,
                        were it not so it would be 'the way'."
                        - Paul Craven
                        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I'd like to post one PG of my own here.. where could I find a place to upload the image and show it to the whole world?

Comment

My last game had a couple of sharp upward spikes in the PG as well (don't have the pic, sorry), and it wasn't cheating: it was extended WLTCD periods with 70% luxuries to ramp my population -- first game I've intentionally done this for long periods. I ended up with all cities except one with population from 18-32 (the one exception being near a mountain range and forests, stopped growing at 14) and a 145% rating on Emperor, max spaceship landing on AC in 1930. Too easy, though, because it was a custom map with each civ getting their own continent; I never faced any serious military threat, and the only city I lost was my lone attempt to settle on the continent to the south.
                            "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

smilo - Let me add an admiring WOW! Awhile back I had in mind trying the same thing, but found out that the HOF was no longer being maintained, and also found out that building all the food freights necessary would have driven me nuts! I'd also like to hear more details about your game.

Comment

Working...
                              X