B. 33 in hex
    C. 1100011 in binary

* ahem *

Comment

kcbob - I'll phone a friend!
      Snap! When are you 52?
      ----------
      SG(2)
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

quote:

<font size=1>Originally posted by DaveV on 01-22-2001 04:11 PM</font>
        * ahem *

I was just testing to see if anyone noticed. Yeah, right.

C. 110011 in binary

Better?

It's my eyesight. * aside to SG1 - "Think they bought that? *

And I turn 52 in October.

------------------
        Frodo lives!
        [This message has been edited by kcbob (edited January 23, 2001).]
        Frodo lives!

Comment

DaveV - good catch!
          kcbob - Nope - not a chance, even my aging eysight thought that looked a tad wierd - 99 indeed! You might however feel that old after the AI Headstart Succession (are you in?)
          SG(2) - time you fessed up and posted on the Age FAQ

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
          "The Great Library must be built!"
          "A short cut has to be challenging,
          were it not so it would be 'the way'."
          - Paul Craven

Comment

52 in only days ...
            ------
            SG(2)

Comment

Gentlemen, I have always known that those of us privileged to experience our most formative years in the late 60s represent a most satisfying generation to which to belong. And I now see happy confirmation of this fact in these threads. Fellow 51 year olds, I salute you!

You need to correct your entry in the age FAQ SG(2) - you're down as 53 (a much less satisfactory vintage).

What happened to the spirit of the 60's by the way? I always thought that when those of us then young arrived at positions of power and influence the world would change. But it doesn't seem to have happened.

Did age mellow us and teach us a new wisdom or did we sell out on those splendid 60s values?

Comment

Yep, EST, those were the days. I'm sure what happened to us is exactly what Winston Churchill foretold. "If you're not a liberal when your 20, you don't have a heart. And if you're not a conservative when you're 30, you don't have a brain." One more time, though... those were the days, my friend.

And SG, I am in the AI headstart succession game. As a matter of fact, it's my turn in the barrel. I'll get to it tonight.

------------------
                Frodo lives!
                Frodo lives!

Comment

Nope EST - 'tis I, SG[1] that has the maturity (53) to look down on you youngsters. SG(2) has yet (I believe) to post his entry in the FAQ - my brat daughter SG{3} (15) is in too - this lead to a little confusion on another thread ...

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                  "The Great Library must be built!"
                  "A short cut has to be challenging,
                  were it not so it would be 'the way'."
                  - Paul Craven

Comment

I'm 24. I'm really baffled by the age spread of the civ'ers I had never expected it to be that large. Although I have high hopes for me being a big time gamer even when I turn 60 I had thought that I would be a minority... guess not. It's quite cool though
                    You know the question, just as I did.
                    What is the matrix?

Comment

It is splendid, I agree.

To read a post from jcarkey (incredibly aged 12 :eek followed by one from the venerable Scouse Gits(1) (aged 53) AND TO FIND SO MUCH OF CIVIC INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND GOOD SENSE IN BOTH is illustrative of a community of interest across the age spectrum that seems to me hard to duplicate from other fields.

I suppose the fact that we are able to share our interest so equably and with so much evident mutual respect must owe something to the medium - aided by good moderation. Physical appearance triggers so much in the way of pre-conception.

On off topic tho' I do like to know the age of those posting. Some comments would be pretty inappropriate addressed to a youngster.

We thought they would never end, kcbob!

I'm sure every 18 year old thinks that there is something distinctive and special about the days of his youth - the difference with the late 60s is that everyone else agreed, I think.

And there was a feeling that everyone else meant absolutely everyone, everywhere. The Beatles, opposition to the Vietnam war and those magic pictures from space which got us all talking about spaceship earth were all things which hit home world wide as far as I could see.

Ah well. As you say, maybe the singing and dancing can't last for ever and a day, after all.

Would have been terrific if the spirit of those times had lived on though.

Comment

16 in less than a month.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by East Street Trader on 01-24-2001 01:24 PM

We thought they would never end, kcbob!

Nice return, EST.

------------------
                          Frodo lives!
                          Frodo lives!

Comment

I am also 51, at least until April. I, too, salute the amazing maturity of many of the younger players.

I would note that the spirit of the sixties seems to have invaded some portions of the internet, a medium extremely difficult for the corporate types to tame. But, I must agree: We've grown mellower (or forgotten our roots, in some cases) and the combination of Aids, capitalism, and lack of a focal issue (as civil rights and the VN war both were) has pulled our fangs. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. Heavy sigh.
                            [This message has been edited by Blaupanzer (edited January 30, 2001).]
                            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I will be 19 years of age on June 18

Vitmore
                              "We should not go out and conquer the people, but give them no other choice in their minds but to be conquered." - Me

Comment

Working...
                              X