No announcement yet.

List of AI cheats for Apolyton GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had an undefended city taken by an AI explorer. Bug? Don't know, but it didn't make my day.
    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

drake - not a bug. You can take an open city with any unit, even those with 0 attack. You can also unload any unit directly from a ship into an undefended city (the barbs will do this if you give them a chance).

Comment

OK, this propably goes to AI knows EVERYTHING but I post it just to indicate it.

The AI knows exactly where your nukes are and will hit these cities first.
        It doesn't matter if you move your nukes around your cities the AI will know always where they are at (even if it has no «legitimate» way of knowing).

Comment

OK, this propably goes to AI knows EVERYTHING but I post it just to indicate it.

The AI knows exactly where your nukes are and will hit these cities first with its nukes.
          It doesn't matter if you move your nukes around your cities the AI will know always where they are at (even if it has no «legitimate» way of knowing).

Comment

I don't think this has been mentioned yet: AI units can pillage you and then fortify themselves on the same turn. If YOU pillage, you're a sitting duck afterward. I think that's even true for units with >1 move.

Comment

Hello Civ2 fans,

I am not sure if this is technically a cheat, but on diety SP(not sure of others) the computer will trade tech with other AI civs, effectivly multiplying its research by the # of other civs. I think it is a cheat because I can not begin to trade with the fequency or quality or transactions that AI does.
              I saw this thread and had a mental list of my own AI cheats, but I think you covered them all, save this one.

Happy gaming,
              Merry holidays,

Maelhavok

Comment

...and another thing, the Ai apparently has no reputation issues. Ever been suprise attacked then watch how many alliances Ai makes with itself?
                Maelhavok

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by The Mad Viking on 10-12-2000 08:30 PM
                  colloseums are never destroyed when a revolt is incited; they have the same chance of destruction through conquest as other improvements.

I have never bribed a city and kept the cathedral, and I always have had Mike's.

Religeous improvements (temples and cathedrals) are always destroyed after conquering a city, likewise when you incite a normal revolt. They *do* survive if you "subvert" the city (this is only an option if you are at peace/ceasefire with the AI civ).

Courthouses are always destroyed by conquest/inciting revolts. I'm not sure if they survive a subvert or not. They increase the cost of inciting a revolt by 50% (according to the manual). I suspect that this figure is a little low. Buying cities with courthouses is *expensisve*.
                  Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Yes, I believe that's exactly right: temples, cathedrals, and courthouses are always destroyed; everything else has maybe a 50% chance of destruction.

Take a look at SlowThinker's dip/spy thread and my "bribing non-barb units" thread (near the end of it); I believe the city bribe cost question is definitively answered, including courthouse effect.

Is anyone going to compile this thread into a nice, organized summary like SlowThinker's dip/spy thread? It's great stuff, but it would be great to have a thread that consists only of the compiled knowledge, without all the discussion.

Comment

Working...
                    X