List of AI cheats for Apolyton GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of AI cheats for Apolyton GL

We all know a few AI cheats, but we really should put them in one document, so you don't have to search the archives for them. After we finish, we will send it to the Apolyton great library.
    • The ai only needs 4/5 of the production that humans do.
    • The ai cities take less food surplus to grow.
    • The ai has infinite range on missiles.
    • The ai bombers don't have to refuel.
    • The ai can choose which techs it wants to steal, even with diplos.
    • The AI can choose what improvement to sabatoge, even with diplos.
    • The ai can steal multiple techs from the same city.
    • Ai units have spy/diplo functions.
    • The ai can build units on the same turn it discovers the tech for it.
    • Ai democracies can't be overthrown by double civil disorders or sneak attacks on other nations.
    • The ai does not have senate intervention.
    • The ai knows the whole map.
    • The ai can contact you when it isn't their turn.
    • The ai treasuries are randomly created.
    • The ai doesn't get unhappiness as much as humans.

If you have more, send 'em in.

actually, the time it takes to research/build/grow is basically what defines the difference between the different difficulty levels (other than happiness), and therefore not really cheats. Well, unless you call chieftan-prince levels human cheats

On king level, the AI have the same base rates that humans do (first tech = 10 beakers, warrior = 10 shields, food bin has 10 rows). On lower levels, the AI is handicapped by taking longer to do things, and on higher levels, such as Diety, the AI needs less time.

As for Annoying AI traits - how about its ability to expel/insist removal of units within your city limits if it has a city overlapping in any way, while you are unable to do likewise.

------------------
    April Cantor: Sire, in order to expand further we must first gain favor of the King

SCG: darn, I've never really got the hang of that tribute thing, guess it will be a long time until i make prince

*goes off and starts gifting gold and techs*
    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

We would argue with a few of the above - for instance your point 11 "The ai does not have senate intervention" in my (SG1) last OCC game (#16) I managed to keep the damn French under control by preventing them from enjoying the advantages of Democracy by the expedient of sending an envoy every time they changed to Demo - they immediately revolted to Commie in order to avoid the Senate intervention!
      ----------
      The SGs in concert

The Great Library must be built!!
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

In addition to infinite missile range, I'm pretty certain that those missiles can see evry unit you have that is over water. If you don't believe me, do some tests with a realm 3 unit.

------------------
        -Rale Hawkeye
        -Rale Hawkeye
        "Dammit, where is the 'shoot messenger' button?"
        "If Lincoln were alive today, he'd probably want to get out of his tomb"
        "He siezed power in a bloodless coup -- all smotherings."

Comment

* AI triremes never sink.
          * The AI always knows which cities have SDI.
          * The AI always knows exactly which techs you have, and can contact you about trading without having an embassy.
          * The AI apparently doesn't pay upkeep on improvements.
          * Some people say the AI can allot its shield production to whichever cities it wants (I'd like to know if there's some way to know whether that's really true).

Don't forget, humans have at least one cheat; we get notified when AI is about to build a Wonder.

A lot of people seem to believe that the AI consistently needs only 80% of the shields and food that the human needs, but at deity level I've seen it needing 60%, 70%, 80%, or 100%, and it's very clear that it changes according to how far ahead you are. I haven't spied on any cities during OCC games, but I would expect that most of the time the AI would think it was well ahead of you and would therefore need 100% production and food. Anybody checked on this?

Comment

Hmmm, I've never seen other than 60% at Deity. Maybe I'm always ahead

* The AI can bribe democratic units
            * The AI can on occasion beat Barbarians at incredible odds (I've seen AI Warriors take out fortified Barb Riflemen)
            * The AI knows exactly when it can mess up your production by occupying a city square
            * The AI has intimidating envoys while you never get to see yours

------------------
            If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
            A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
            Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

1) I don't think the AI can direct it's produciton to any city it wants. However, it can rush-buy any amount of shields it wants - it is not required to actually complete an improvement or wonder when rushing, so making it look like it can enhance the productivity of a city at will. This is what BR says, anyway.

2) The AI always has King-level happiness.

3) This could be bitterness talking, but I think the AI gets occasional combat bonuses vs the human on Deity. I've had a catapult take out a rifleman behind city walls. I've also heard someone metion that in one game they played, the AI regularly won every seventh battle in attacking a city, regardless of odds.

4) I don't think the AI treasuries are random. debeest is correct in saying the AI doesn't pay maintainance, and this explains their remarkable financial position.

5) The AI can irrigate without needing water at hand.

That's all I can think of for now.

"Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them."
              - Samuel Palmer

Comment

AI Cheats continued

The AI doesn't seem to suffer from pollution.

Comment

Revised version...
                  • The ai only needs 3/5 of the production that humans do.
                  • The ai cities take less food surplus to grow.
                  • The ai has infinite range on missiles.
                  • The ai bombers don't have to refuel.
                  • The ai can choose which techs it wants to steal, even with diplos.
                  • The AI can choose what improvement to sabatoge, even with diplos.
                  • The ai can steal multiple techs from the same city.
                  • Ai units have spy/diplo functions.
                  • The ai can build units on the same turn it discovers the tech for it.
                  • Ai democracies can't be overthrown by double civil disorders or sneak attacks on other nations.
                  • The ai does not have anarchy periods.
                  • The ai can have a revolution when it's not their turn.
                  • The ai knows EVERYTHING.
                  • The ai can contact you when it isn't their turn.
                  • The ai does not spend money on upkeep.
                  • The ai always has King-level happiness
                  • The ai can expel troops that are in your city radius if it is in theirs too.
                  • AI triremes don't sink. Forgot about that one .
                  • AIs can bribe a democracy.
                  • Ais can irrigate without water.
                  • The AI can go into deficit.

If you have more, send 'em in.

[This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited September 02, 2000).]

Comment

ai fighters can stay up for more than 1 turn (sometimes three or four!)

i do the same thing occasionally, so i guess it evens out
                    A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

SilverDragon, your summary omits EdwardTKing's correct observation that the AI never suffers from pollution.

The AI appears to be able to bribe human units at little or no cost, as compared to the exorbitant rates usually charged to humans for AI units. Cities, too, maybe, but I haven't been able to study that.

AI capitals can move freely at no apparent cost, although in my experience the AI always has to pay the 1000 gp to replace a sacked capital.

I did some checking in my old games and created some new worlds, and determined that up through King, the AI initially needs the same food and shields that we do; at Emperor, it initially needs only 90%; and at Deity, it initially needs only 80%. Once you start whuppin' it good, at Deity it will drop to needing only 60% shields and food. At low levels it drops from 100% to 80%. I couldn't find an Emperor game but I suspect it drops from 90% to 70%.

Comment

With regard to the AI's ability to irrigate without water: Any automated settlers (even one owned by a human player) is able to irrigate without water. The AI's cheat is to be able to improve terrain without the use of a settler.
                        Thus spake the Dragon

Comment

The AI can use deficit financing.
                          If you can not think of a good reason to build something other than a caravan, build a caravan!

Comment

The AI apears to be the only side that
                            can expel diplomats, i could be wrong but i've never been able to do it so...

Comment

Rollin Thunda - If an AI diplo is closer to one of your cities than to one of his own, you can expel him. I've expelled hundreds of diplos in games.

Comment

Working...
                              X