No announcement yet.

Huts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it better to clear (remove the black) around a hut before "tipping" it?

My experience (limited though it may be) shows that by doing so, you decrease the possibility of barbs...

However, I have also noticed a similar reduction of desireable results....

Limited experimentation w/ save games shows that by clearing the unknown territory, it reduces the chance of more spectacular results.

Example (from recent experiment):

Background:
    1 city founded (as Romans)
    Tech: usuals (irr, min, road) + bronze, writing, ceremonial

Tipped a hut after clearing the radius of unknown (black) territory (25 tries):

6 Barbarians
    Horse x 5
    Legion x 1

8 techs:
    Warrior x 4
    Pottery x 2
    Horse x 2

8 gold
    25 gp x 6
    50 gp x 2

2 settler/adv tribe
    1 adv tribe (very bad location --- 3 mtn, 1 tundra, mostly plains)
    1 none settler

Went back to the orignal save, did not clear surrounding unknown terrain (if the site of the hut was a city, with the standard city radius of 20 surrounding squares, 13 of those squares were unexposed [black]) with 25 tries:

10 barbs
    8 horse
    2 legion

9 techs
    code x 3
    warrior x 1
    masonry x 3
    mysticism x 2

4 gold
    1 x 25
    1 x 50
    2 x 100

2 settler/adv. tribe
    2 x none settler

I know that with 50 tries in one given scenario is not a viable statistical analysis, but it does reflect my previous experiences with the game.

Has anyone done an exhaustive analysis of hut tipping?

-Bob
    Semper ubi sub ubi!

Comment

Actually you can get your palace from a hut quite a bit. I'd have to say it happens once every 25 games or so. I've done it many times and people have done it many many times to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
        So are barbs.I almost always get barbs when opening with the 2nd move point...solution:don't open with 2nd move point.
        Hm, in the early game, after I have founded cities, I always open with my first movement point. This means that if I find a hut after I have used up a movement point I just move around the hut with the rest of the points, or hit the space bar, to open it the next turn. If I get that lonely barb horse, he's history. Later on, when you get 8 of them (or whatever the number is) it doesn't matter anymore so I open all huts right away.

Carolus

Comment

Working...
        X