Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kcbob
    replied
    RTS, what you're asking is the age old question, "Which is better, Perfectionist Expansionism or ICS (Infinite City Sleaze)?"

Either way will win a game. It depends on your skill level with each, size of the world for a particular game, the level of difficulty at which you are playing, and the version of the game you are using.

I've found that using MGE, small world, deity, raging hordes, ICS is easier to win with. PE can still win a game but it's more difficult.

As a matter of fact, I believe it was DaveV who put together the best thread regarding ICS. If somebody else doesn't post it before I come back, I'll try to find it and post it.

Here it is. Enjoy. It's superb!
    http://www.cms.livjm.ac.uk/wittgenst...s_strategy.htm

------------------
    Frodo lives!
    [This message has been edited by kcbob (edited November 16, 2000).]

Leave a comment:

• drake
    replied
    I think it all depends on personal style. There are advantages to both methods. In short term games where I know a city will not reach it's maximum potential (utilization of all squares), I don't care if city zones overlap. If I am playing a long term game where I know I'll need some large powerhouse cities in the future, I make sure they are spaced accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• Ridock The Savage
    replied
    Thanks Dave!

Well in that case I'll keep spacing my cities until someone can prove it's better otherwise.

Damn...didnt know that AI bombers never crash...how else does the AI cheat?

Leave a comment:

• DaveV
    replied
    The city spacing debate is ongoing. You can play very effectively using either approach.

From what I've read, you need to change the rules.txt to make the AI use carriers. AI bombers never crash.

Leave a comment:

• Ridock The Savage
    started a topic which is better?

which is better?

Cities spaced far enough apart so they can utilize all the sqaures they can...or...cities closer together so you'll have more cities for production?

Also, has anyone ever seen the AI use a carrier?
    I was playing a game yesterday, and these bombers were coming out of nowhere...I sent planes and ships all over the place and couldn't find a carrier. Is the AI just sending it's bombers out on suicide missions knowing they won't have enough fuel to return?
Working...
X