No announcement yet.

How do you stop a raging warmonger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another solution is to force him into a multi front war, basically get allies... You need to convince the other players to join your war against the aggressor, as you are only behind by about 50% or so of unit numbers, a combined total of your units and allies should swing balnce back to you , especially as you now get virtually multiple turns to attack back. Of course map design plays a big part in the practicality of this, but this is how I would get my self out of the situation.

Comment

It's a duel.

------------------
      finbar
      Mono Rules!
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Yeah thanks for all the advice but I don't know if this game is going anywhere now. After a few fierce recent encounters, makeo has suddenly discovered a burning interest in Diablo II and has declined to play for the last 4 or 5 nights. He has also asked me to stop being "mean" to him on the forums.

Oh well, I'll keep you posted if we get any more sessions in. Suffice to say that Horsie has been holding his own recently

Comment

quote:

<font size=1>Originally posted by Alexander's Horse on 07-30-2000 08:21 PM</font>
          He has also asked me to stop being "mean" to him on the forums.

~ha ha....s******..."mean"....that cracks me up...what a nancy boy~

quote:

]<font size=1>
          Suffice to say that Horsie has been holding his own recently

What else is new? Just make sure you wash your hands when you're done.

------------------
          Bring it!

"Do not act as if you would live ten thousand years. Death hangs over you. While you live, while it is in your power, be good." Marcus Aurelius (Meditations)
          [This message has been edited by SuperSneak (edited July 30, 2000).]
          Life and death is a grave matter;
          all things pass quickly away.
          Each of you must be completely alert;
          never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Holding your own?? Its just our turns are taking longer so I can't take as many of your cities in one sitting.
            I still haven't lost one.
            Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Well you know, makeo, I've got things to do, people to see.

Comment

AH:

Did this really happen to you?

Solution #1: Gather your forces in the nucleus of your cities and only produce the highest possible tech unit.
                Get rid of science only take taxes and luxury.
                Build,build,build.
                Get a diplomat into one of his cities, Steal tech,steal tech, steal tech
                If he isn't advancing too fast you should have an advanced force ready to meet him in your remaing 5-7 cities

P.S. I had a real '#*#&py' game like this happen once. I was the Spanish and had 150 cities, then the remaining civs the Zulu, English, French, Celts, Natives allied against me. I can do nothing to stop the Zulu who are just as advanced as me and seem to have an endless supply of tanks.

The english are nothing as are the celts and natives. The natives are losing units every turn to my units.

The french are too far away to bother me.
                But those Zulus have taken 5 of my cities and are coming down railroad way to my main city. What should I do? Short of cheating of course, I got mad and nuked a few of their cites, with cheats, but I realized my error and quit that resource, so what do I do against 60-80 mad Zulu cities all producing Armors which roll right over riflemen and alpine troops?
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

"How do you stop a raging warmonger?"

Have him get married.

------------------
                  Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.
                  Frodo lives!

Comment

I have trapped his spearhead on my main island! Makeo, the Prussians call this a "cauldron" battle

I also get riflemen next turn

Comment

The Who?
                      Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Prussians. Russians with a speech impediment.

------------------
                        finbar
                        Mono Rules!
                        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

hehe, half the time I play the Germans, I rename them the Prussians
                          Insert witty phrase here

Comment

What's cauldon in German? Kesselschacht???

Comment

Inca911...insightful post...
                              Any chance of you putting together *Wisdom from the Forums: A beginners guide to Not losing"??

Comment

This game is still going except makeo keeps piking out of the sessions - its getting tougher for him. Seems like he only wants to play when he's winning.

I have concentrated on defence but am now starting to counter attack. We are even in techs. Its about 1840.

Thanks for all the advice - especially Inca 911. I have 14 cities and 82 units. makeo has 34 cities and 134 units.

Comment

Working...
                                X