taxes cause WLTXD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taxes cause WLTXD?

i've noticed that sometimes when I build a bank/SE I get WLTXD.

is it supposed to happen and I just never noticed?

btw, I have TOT

Yep. Marketplace/Bank/SE increase both tax and luxury by 50% each.

Comment

right...

I forgot it increase luxury

Comment

So do trade routes... especially good ones!
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Technically,they don't increase taxes or luxuries but trade arrows which you control with the tax rate.
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

They meaning trade routes...
            Be the bid!

Comment

or market,bank,stock exchange and superhighway.
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

guys...

I'm not that stupid!

Comment

I believe that, in addition to boosting trade in roaded squares, superhighways provide a trade bonus. In the polar OCC game, I delayed superhighways because I thought they wouldn't help much (most of my workers were on ocean or tundra). But when I finally built them, the value of my trade routes increased by about 50%. Since superhighways only provided a few extra trade arrows in my city, I concluded that there's a direct bonus to trade routes.

Comment

depends on your government type how much benefit is gained thru economic improvements.

Comment

Builder & Smash - check out a city without a marketplace or bank or stk exchange. Write down the number of raw trade arrows, tax gold, luxuries, and science beakers. Save the game then open up the cheat mode and add a marketplace. I think you will note that raw trade arrows do not change; gold coins and luxury goods increase by 50% and science beakers don't change.

If marketplaces increased raw trade arrows then science beakers would increase too.

Your raw trade arrows should equal the sum of trade arrows worked in the city squares, plus trade route arrows.

Superhighways increase by 50% trade arrows in squares that have roads and produce trade. It does not affect ocean squares - making an island with four whales unimproved by the addition of superhighways.

**I have been wrong more times than I can count on these boards so double check this yourself and let me know if I am halucinating again.
                      Be the bid!

Comment

you're right Sten.

Comment

Yes, either the manual or the Pedia clearly states that superhighways increase the values of trade routes.

Comment

Working...
                          X