Info: Statistic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnigmaticGod
    Lets see here, yet another "strategy" post about equations and algorithims. Fun fun. Too bad you all still suck. Have any of you ever played slowthinker? I have. And I can safely say he is the worst player I have ever had the misfortune of playing. So maybe instead of figuring out the most useless stuff you should be practicing your games? Hint hint.
    Severe case of overflowing testasterone!

Pretty sure annual income = taxes + luxuries for all cities. Per capita income (for all but the purple civ) = annual income / (population/1000).

Population demographic changes over time. A city with 5 heads in it has a different (much lower) population in 1 AD than in 1900 AD. Not at all sure how that base changes, but it certainly goes from 5,000 to 10,000 per head over time. (Probably starts at a lower number and ends at a higher one but I haven't noticed lately.)
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

post 17

Originally posted by William Keenan
      Where did you get the Approval Rating formula from? I doubt it is correct since having no happy people will produce a zero approval rating.
      My tests.
      No, all citizens content makes almost 50%:
      50*(citizens)/(citizens+1)

Why did you change the formula I posted? If the Literacy formula is wrong send me a SAV file.
      It is attached.

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
      Pretty sure annual income = taxes + luxuries for all cities.
      I suppose you mean GNP. Follow the link to debeest's thread. I tested it before and it is correct.

Per capita income (for all but the purple civ) = annual income / (population/1000).
      it is equal to
      1000*annual income/population
      Short test: but it depends on techs discovered! And William's formula looks accurate.

Population demographic changes over time. A city with 5 heads in it has a different (much lower) population in 1 AD than in 1900 AD.
      I don't see it. A savegame?

Edited a little.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SlowThinker; October 30, 2001, 22:48.
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

post 18

Your approval rating formula is good ST. My mistake I was appling the formula wrong in my previous test.

You were right that there was a flaw in the literacy formula. The correct formula should be:

Base 4% + 1% if more than half the population lives in cities that have Libraries + 1% if more than half the population lives in cities that have Universities

Comment

According to the Civ Fanatics posting, the correct formula for the powergraph is:

citizens + (techs/2.67) + (gold/256)

According to what I have generally seen posted, land area is a function of the number of squares visited MORE RECENTLY BY YOU THAN BY OTHERS.

Son of a gun. You mean if I conquer faster, I might be able to score higher than I score by building lots of citizens? I guess the fact that I didn't know that tells us something about my skills.... How early do you have to conquer to do that?

Comment

post 20

You were right that there was a flaw in the literacy formula. The correct formula should be:
            Base 4% + 1% if more than half the population lives in cities that have Libraries + 1% if more than half the population lives in cities that have Universities
            And what about that attached savegame with base 7% ?

I verified the annual income.

Originally posted by debeest
            According to the Civ Fanatics posting, the correct formula for the powergraph is:
            citizens + (techs/2.67) + (gold/256)
            Is it different from my formula? I thought it is better to avoid fractions...

According to what I have generally seen posted, land area is a function of the number of squares visited MORE RECENTLY BY YOU THAN BY OTHERS.
            I agree. Is this a good english:?

number of squares (both land and sea) visited more recently by an own unit than by a unit of another civilization

And there shall be (+ number of citizens) in place of (+ number of cities)

You mean if I conquer faster, I might be able to score higher than I score by building lots of citizens?
            I know nothing about that. This is taken from the manual.

Comment

"citizens + (techs/2.67) + (gold/256) "

"Is it different from my formula? I thought it is better to avoid fractions... "

Yes, if you look at your formula you will immediately realize that it's wrong in two ways: (1) techs/2.67 is not equal to techs*2.67 and gold/256 is not = gold*256, and (2) 96 is actually the relationship between tech value and gold value (256/96 = 2.67), not between tech value and citizen value.

"number of squares (both land and sea) visited more recently by an own unit
              than by a unit of another civilization"

How about "visited more recently by a unit of your own than by a unit of another civilization"?

Comment

Yes, if you look at your formula you will immediately realize that it's wrong in two ways...
                I see, I switched citizens and gold.

Comment

One thing I couldn't find here.

How does the Civ2 percentage score relate to the score in points?

Comment

At each of the six play levels, there is a numerical game score that corresponds to 100% on the hall of fame. At the lowest level, I think it takes a game score of 2500 to get 100% on the HOF. At deity, if I remember correctly, a game score of 775 corresponds to 100% HOF. Your HOF score is simply your game score divided by that level-specific goal (GS / LSG = HOF). Thus, at any given level, you can figure out what that 100% goal is, by dividing the other way: GS / HOF = LSG.

Comment

Funxus has corrected an error in productivity (Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION II > Civ2 - Strategy & Tips > Approval rating weirdness).
                      Updated.

Comment

St. Augustine completes his epic history...

The wealthiest, the most powerfull, the largest civ...Do you know what these ordered lists of civs mean?
                        It looks that
                        the most powerfull is the highest on the powergraph (important knowledge - Key Civ that affects the tech cost)
                        the wealthiest - probably has most gold
                        the largest - probably has the biggest territory

Do you know others?

Comment

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think I've seen games where the list of Most Powerful definietly did not correspond to the power rating. I think it is tied to either number of units or some rating of the units based on their relative strength.

Wealthiest seems to always correspond to the gold on hand.
                          Death awaits you all...with nasty, big, pointy teeth

Comment

I have also seen "the happiest"; I'll check my logs for other qualifiers.

Comment

I've always assumed that the "largest" civ is the one with the greatest population. Although, population is virtually the same thing as the power rating, so probably either "powerful" does refer to unit strength, or "large" does refer to area.

There's also "most advanced," of course. That can be handy info if you don't have embassies, MPE, etc.

SlowThinker, I just looked at the post regarding productivity that you linked to -- and I think the dates provide clear proof that you really ARE a ssssslllloooowwww thinker.

Comment

Largest Civ refers to land area, as measured for each map tile by the 'last visited' flag, which indicates which Civ visited that square most recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X