replied
    Whilst you two continue a slow conversation - welcome back debeest

------------------------------

SG(2)

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    debeest,
    I have read almost whole first sentence from your post. I will continue reading and reply later.

Leave a comment:

• Grigor
    replied
    Largest Civ refers to land area, as measured for each map tile by the 'last visited' flag, which indicates which Civ visited that square most recently.

Leave a comment:

• debeest
    replied
    I've always assumed that the "largest" civ is the one with the greatest population. Although, population is virtually the same thing as the power rating, so probably either "powerful" does refer to unit strength, or "large" does refer to area.

There's also "most advanced," of course. That can be handy info if you don't have embassies, MPE, etc.

SlowThinker, I just looked at the post regarding productivity that you linked to -- and I think the dates provide clear proof that you really ARE a ssssslllloooowwww thinker.

Leave a comment:

• Elephant
    replied
    I have also seen "the happiest"; I'll check my logs for other qualifiers.

Leave a comment:

• TimTheEnchanter
    replied
    I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think I've seen games where the list of Most Powerful definietly did not correspond to the power rating. I think it is tied to either number of units or some rating of the units based on their relative strength.

Wealthiest seems to always correspond to the gold on hand.

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    St. Augustine completes his epic history...

The wealthiest, the most powerfull, the largest civ...Do you know what these ordered lists of civs mean?
    It looks that
    the most powerfull is the highest on the powergraph (important knowledge - Key Civ that affects the tech cost)
    the wealthiest - probably has most gold
    the largest - probably has the biggest territory

Do you know others?

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    Funxus has corrected an error in productivity (Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION II > Civ2 - Strategy & Tips > Approval rating weirdness).
    Updated.

Leave a comment:

• debeest
    replied
    At each of the six play levels, there is a numerical game score that corresponds to 100% on the hall of fame. At the lowest level, I think it takes a game score of 2500 to get 100% on the HOF. At deity, if I remember correctly, a game score of 775 corresponds to 100% HOF. Your HOF score is simply your game score divided by that level-specific goal (GS / LSG = HOF). Thus, at any given level, you can figure out what that 100% goal is, by dividing the other way: GS / HOF = LSG.

Leave a comment:

• Oldenbarnevelt
    replied
    One thing I couldn't find here.

How does the Civ2 percentage score relate to the score in points?

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    Originally posted by debeest
    Yes, if you look at your formula you will immediately realize that it's wrong in two ways...
    I see, I switched citizens and gold.

Leave a comment:

• debeest
    replied
    "citizens + (techs/2.67) + (gold/256) "

"Is it different from my formula? I thought it is better to avoid fractions... "

Yes, if you look at your formula you will immediately realize that it's wrong in two ways: (1) techs/2.67 is not equal to techs*2.67 and gold/256 is not = gold*256, and (2) 96 is actually the relationship between tech value and gold value (256/96 = 2.67), not between tech value and citizen value.

"number of squares (both land and sea) visited more recently by an own unit
    than by a unit of another civilization"

How about "visited more recently by a unit of your own than by a unit of another civilization"?

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    post 20

Originally posted by William Keenan
    You were right that there was a flaw in the literacy formula. The correct formula should be:
    Base 4% + 1% if more than half the population lives in cities that have Libraries + 1% if more than half the population lives in cities that have Universities
    And what about that attached savegame with base 7% ?

I verified the annual income.

According to the Civ Fanatics posting, the correct formula for the powergraph is:
    citizens + (techs/2.67) + (gold/256)
    Is it different from my formula? I thought it is better to avoid fractions...

According to what I have generally seen posted, land area is a function of the number of squares visited MORE RECENTLY BY YOU THAN BY OTHERS.
    I agree. Is this a good english:?

number of squares (both land and sea) visited more recently by an own unit than by a unit of another civilization

And there shall be (+ number of citizens) in place of (+ number of cities)

You mean if I conquer faster, I might be able to score higher than I score by building lots of citizens?
    I know nothing about that. This is taken from the manual.

Leave a comment:

• debeest
    replied
    According to the Civ Fanatics posting, the correct formula for the powergraph is:

citizens + (techs/2.67) + (gold/256)

According to what I have generally seen posted, land area is a function of the number of squares visited MORE RECENTLY BY YOU THAN BY OTHERS.

Son of a gun. You mean if I conquer faster, I might be able to score higher than I score by building lots of citizens? I guess the fact that I didn't know that tells us something about my skills.... How early do you have to conquer to do that?

Leave a comment:

• William Keenan
    replied
    post 18

Your approval rating formula is good ST. My mistake I was appling the formula wrong in my previous test.

You were right that there was a flaw in the literacy formula. The correct formula should be:

Base 4% + 1% if more than half the population lives in cities that have Libraries + 1% if more than half the population lives in cities that have Universities

Leave a comment:

Working...
X