Girlfriend Trouble?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriend Trouble?!?!

Help guys i'm in desparate need of some Civ 2 strategy!!!!!!

My girlfriend has fallen out with ehr folks so that means she's stopping at mine for a week or so?!!? it's all very nice, but i really am getting a bit desparate for a bit of civ!!!!!

So, how do all of you guys manage to keep the lady happy and spend some time playing civ??? at this rate i'll be lucky to get more than about 5 hours a week!??!?
    "There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
    ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

5hrs/wk of which civ or quality relationship building?

Ken

Comment

Ha ha, silly mistake of mine hey?!?! 5hrs/wk of civ!!!! i mean it'll take me about 3 weeks to play an occ game?!?!!?

quote:

or quality relationship building?

I'm afraid you've lost me with that one!!! i think maybe my english isn't good enough, i think maybe you're trying to talk about a nice building, but i don't see why you need to blaspheme with the rel*****ship word!??!!? ha ha!!!!

Comment

You tell her that if she wants you to perform you manly bedtime duties she must allow you all the civ time you need.
        This will cause her to fall down laughing , stiking her head on the coffee table . While she may be in a coma you can play all the civ you want.

------------------
        peace and safety, I'll make sure
        just until someone offers me more

I'm Australia's nuclear cop
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I got my girlfriend hooked on Civ.
          It was brilliant at first, but nowadays I spent most of my time grudging alone in the living room while my girlfriend occupies my computer.

------------------
          Hasdrubal's Home.
          Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
          Hasdrubal's Home.
          Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

I'm not sure it'll work telling her about my manly duties, see my PC is technically on my coffetable, which also doubles as my bedside table!! student life hey?!!?!? and the duties have been working fine for the past month without civ, she might say even better now i'm getting a good nights sleep, and not playing civ until 3am each night!!!!!

But i certainly wouldn't let her near my pc let alone civ, i think that we should all sit back and reflect about poor Hasdrubal, and let us all learn from his mistake!!!!

Comment

I tried the same thing as Hasdrubal, but I had a better outcoming. My girlfriend played it for a while (on her computer!), but now she has moved on to Roller Coaster Tycoon (strangely, I got her on to that, too....), so no more problems for me!

------------------
              SandMonkey

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a qtip"
              -Homer Simpson

"Ecky ecky ecky!"
              "It's just a flesh wound!"
              - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Check out my 1602 A.D. site

Comment

I'm in the same boat. My girlfriend rolls her eyes and makes snorting noises whenever I even look at the computer. I have established that Sunday is my day to play. All day. No questions. As Berserker says "Follow the Golden Rule; I have the gold, I make the rules."
                Our relationship is pretty rocky, and it is odd how Civ, in a way, has revealed some of her more selfish and self-absorbed traits. My IDEAL woman is one who supports my hobbies and interests, even when they don't include her!
                Reach a compromise. If not, you can join me in impending bachelorhood....

------------------
                Bring it!

"Receive wealth or prosperity without arrogance; and be ready to let it go cheerfully." Marcus Aurelius (Meditations)
                Life and death is a grave matter;
                all things pass quickly away.
                Each of you must be completely alert;
                never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean, although she doesn't complain, or shout or do anything audible!!! it's all subconscious, it's all of the words she doesn't say but just leaves floating around, sort of, not being said!! i think it adds weight to them. If the word is truely mightier than the sword, i think the unspoken words must be mightier than a Howitzer!?!?

But, no civ tonight again!!!! maybe i'll try the "it'll improve my manhood" line tonight, wish me luck...

Comment

My wife's sister gave me Civ as a gift, but I have more than used up the "I don't want to offend your family by not using their gift" line.

She asked me the other day if I thought I would ever get tired of Civ... I said not at this rate!

I figure on about 3 hours a week of Civ.
                    Be the bid!

Comment

Did you know that pregnant women are very, very tired in the first half of pregnancy and still require a lot of rest from then until delivery? They often nap and go to bed early leaving you with a virtually empty house. Also, did you know that you can play Civ while a child is napping (typically 2 hours a day) and you are technically being a good father and husband? I'm not suggesting such a radical course of action for a student such as yourself. I'm just stating the known facts and you can draw whatever conclusions you like from this info....

Comment

Simple. I play from 7-9pm each night Sun-Thurs and 7-10pm on Fri/Sat nights. She is always watching TV (what a crock of s***) during those times. All the rest of the time is for being a husband, a father and a provider. And yes, a Civ game or a Pharaoh scenario or wargame battle do take 2-3 weeks to play and that's ok by me.

Comment

Inca - Obviously spoken from experience; and when they go visit grandma for a week you can cram in a lot of games!!
                          Be the bid!

Comment

CIV II is about the best game for this. You can stop whenever and the your screen saver kicks in. You don't lose time launching and shutting down the game every session. When the game is running all the time, you can just make one or two turns as you wander by. I wish more games had built in screen savers like "Birth of the Federation".

Comment

Inca's plan sounds like a good idea until your wife goes off and has triplets! I am lucky to sneak down to the computer for an hour or so once a week. My games last for months.

Comment

Working...
                              X