Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will buy...

...Civ III?

I know, I know. Wrong forum, but I want to hear what the people posting here expect of Civ III.

i) Will you buy/not buy Civ III?

ii) Do you think it will be a disappointment?

iii) Will we still be playing Civ II a year from now, waiting for the next rip-off attempt (Civ IV or Call to (Consumers' Purchasing) Power III )?

My own answers:

i) Buy

ii) Yes

iii) Yes

Carolus

Sure I will buy it...

It doesn't have MP... BUMMER!

I will play Civ II MP until Civ III MP is available... probably less than a year
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

no MP so no Civ3 for me

i) no
      ii) yes (there's no MP)
      iii) yes

ming and rah are bad influences and may weaken my resolve though
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I will not buy it now. I'm a poor student and it will be much cheaper next year...

If I was a rich IT businessman I would consider byuing it... Yes, I would buy it if I had the money :-)

Civ 2 is a wonderful game, just like Panzer General. Allied General and Panzer General 2 are not as good as PG, so Civ 3 may not be as good as Civ 2.

The fact that Civ 2 is such a wonderful game makes it very hard to beat. New units, better graphics and more animations doesn't make it a better game. Something that is hard to define is needed. Civ 2 has it, and I hope Civ 3 has it too.

Age of Empires 2 is an example of a game which has good graphics, animations, sounds and a lot of units and improvements, yet it is not half as good as Civ 2.

Comment

I'll probably borrow a copy of it from a friend, find a bug or two, then wait till the price drop.

Comment

I will know whether it is good or bad long before it is available for mac........unless i buy a pc....which is a distinct possibility.

There is a potential for a huge disappointment.Much has been made of this latest effort to improve Civ.We'll see.It looks real good so far...

civ2 mp has had its life extended for at least 6 months though.From what I've seen,3 doesn't look very good for mp right now.I can see why they are backburnering that right now.Seems to me there is alot of work to be done in that area.
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I have preordered Civ III BTE, so I will buy it.
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

i) yes, I'll buy it.
                ii) If civ3 is fun, I play it. If not, I turn back to civ2. No problem.
                iii) There are at least a 'crusade' succession game and a Rome PBEM that I wouldn't like to stop now.
                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

i) Yes, even though it may not run on my laptop screen.
                  ii) To those who expect the Second Coming, certainly. To those with realistic expectations, I hope not.
                  iii) Like La Fayette, I have a few PBEM games to finish...

Comment

I'll get it when we have mp hooked up.

I'm disappointed now. But if they do a good job with the mp, I'll give them their props.

I'm playing civ2 until something better comes along.
                    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

no wont buy.
                      yes it dissapoint no MP
                      yes play civ 2 , got nothing better ....
                      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

With no MP, at first I figured I'd wait. But now I think differently. Frankly, I've gotten a little tired playing OCC games when there's no time for MP or no one's around. Also, I can't let those other bastards get too much of a head start learning the ins and outs of the game.
                        "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
                        Jonathan Swift

Comment

1) Yes, I will buy Civ3.
                          2) I can't speculate about disappointment.
                          3) I will be playing Civ2 if its successor is a flop.

---------------

SG(2)
                          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Of course I will buy it (in fact, I have two LE on preorder). I certainly don't want to think that all of my time at Civ3-General was wasted.

I have realistic expectations. I don't think it'll be worse than Civ2 but certainly not a game that I will play at the exclusion of all others. Civ3 will be a new game on my regular play rotation list (play for a few weeks, then play something else for awhile, then back to civ3, repeat).

iii) Will we still be playing Civ II a year from now, waiting for the next rip-off attempt (Civ IV or Call to (Consumers' Purchasing) Power III )?

No, because 90% of the civ games I have and will play are scenarios. I expect that a year from now, there will be dozens of great Civ3 scenarios to play...long after I get bored with a non-challenge regular game.

Comment

Re: Who will buy...

Originally posted by Carolus Rex
                              ...Civ III?

i) Yes, how could one not buy it?
                              ii) No, Sid et al look to be doing a superb job
                              iii) No, I believe Civ III will take over all of our time, it looks to be that good
                              Frodo lives!

Comment

Working...
                              X