Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using diploguiding to create invisible units.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using diploguiding to create invisible units.

Move a diplomat or a settlar just outside of a city radius of a enemy city. Then move on offensive units, the city your about to attack won't see them. Works on all 4 squares outside of the city radius....
    Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
    and kill them!

You're right, the AI only gets peeved if you are actually in the city radius. Those four corners are great, as you suggest - In striking range for 2 move troops, but safely outside the zone. The human will still see the non-combat unit and know that there is somebody else sharing the square... I suppose then you are dealing with tempers and trust.
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

a human opponent will see NOTHING that is the beauty of it!
      and kill them!

Comment

not even the Diplomat/settler ??? very intereesting
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Uh?

If you put units in those corners of course they will not see them. You do not need to have a diplo or settler stacked for that. What am I missing?

Carolus

Comment

they will ALWAYS be seen on a horizontal, line when you don't have a diplomat on that square. on a vertical line you have about a 80% chance of not being seen. The vertical is tricky and i am not sure which of the various bugs in civ allows your units to be seen there sometimes.
            and kill them!

Comment

keep a dip in your city and you will see the stack.I'm not sure being "invisible" will have that much effect.Its safe to assume if you see a stack it has bad intentions.Maybe though.A few times I attacked a settler stack,for example,to see it is actually a musket or something.You gotta watch those "blind" corners.They are only 1 square from the city center=in range of 2 movers.
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

i don't think it hides anything..... if you have sound on or are paying attention you can "see" movement of units regardless of what type they are... ie caravans, settlers , attack units....

I hear movement of troops all the time in my games..... of course watching the perimeter with troops is the smartest way to go......

But there are times when you can't detect units .....and i am at a loss to explain why
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

again, you won't see them or hear them, because your the attacking units would be right outside of your city radius.
                  and kill them!

Comment

of course watching the perimeter with troops is the smartest way to go......
                    and begging to lose a hole lot of units to sneak-attacks when they end outside a city.(and getting permanent demands to withdraw troops)

Shade
                    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

again, you won't see them or hear them, because your the attacking units would be right outside of your city radius.
                      would be nice if it was the same for the AI(got 10 missle attacks on an aegis,at least 8 squares away from enemy territory,in a single turn,no unit in a radius of 7 squares)

Shade
                      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Working...
                      X