Hydroplants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydroplants

I played the OCC #8 scenario using version 2.42 over the weekend. I founded my one city on the coast. After I discovered Electronics, I wanted to build a hydroplant to boost production and clean up pollution. The game would not offer me the chance to build the hydroplant so I had to build a regular powerplant instead. Massive pollution!

Any ideas why I was denied the chance to build the hydroplant?

Hydroplants require a mountain or river square immediately adjacent to the center city square and an existing factory. (according to JPossidente's Strat guide...)
    Be the bid!

Comment

I had the same trouble in occ10, i wanted to build a hydro, but had to make do with a power plant?!?!!? now, the thing is, i can't remember for the life of me whether we had a river next to the city square?!?! i know we had rivers and a mountain in the city radius but i can't remember if the river was actually next to the city or not!!! so really, this doesn't help very much. unless someone can remember, or check!!! sorry, mute post really?!!?
      "There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
      ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

Comment

But doesn't Hoovers give the benefit of a hydro plant in every city, regardless of terrain? I've always been unclear on this.

Comment

You're right Steve!! hoovers does act as a hyrdo in every city!!!! and in normal play i alwasy make sure i get hoovers, but in occ it doesn't logistical sense, building a wonder(400 shields) or a power/hydro plant (200 ish!??!).
          "There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
          ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

Comment

Actually Hoover is 600 shields. A regular power plant is 160, a hydro plant is 240.

Comment

Steve-

I had the same query a while back. Find the "Hoover's Damned" thread, and it will explain all. :-)

Comment

Oldman: It does make sense in OCC where you can't build a hydro plant due to terrain. It was the only way I could get my shields to 40+.

Comment

Working...
                X