Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Clark
    replied
    Oldman: It does make sense in OCC where you can't build a hydro plant due to terrain. It was the only way I could get my shields to 40+.

Leave a comment:

• Sortub
    replied
    Steve-

I had the same query a while back. Find the "Hoover's Damned" thread, and it will explain all. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    Actually Hoover is 600 shields. A regular power plant is 160, a hydro plant is 240.

Leave a comment:

• Oldman
    replied
    You're right Steve!! hoovers does act as a hyrdo in every city!!!! and in normal play i alwasy make sure i get hoovers, but in occ it doesn't logistical sense, building a wonder(400 shields) or a power/hydro plant (200 ish!??!).

Leave a comment:

• Steve Clark
    replied
    But doesn't Hoovers give the benefit of a hydro plant in every city, regardless of terrain? I've always been unclear on this.

Leave a comment:

• Oldman
    replied
    I had the same trouble in occ10, i wanted to build a hydro, but had to make do with a power plant?!?!!? now, the thing is, i can't remember for the life of me whether we had a river next to the city square?!?! i know we had rivers and a mountain in the city radius but i can't remember if the river was actually next to the city or not!!! so really, this doesn't help very much. unless someone can remember, or check!!! sorry, mute post really?!!?

Leave a comment:

• Sten Sture
    replied
    Hydroplants require a mountain or river square immediately adjacent to the center city square and an existing factory. (according to JPossidente's Strat guide...)

Leave a comment:

• granite00
    started a topic Hydroplants

Hydroplants

I played the OCC #8 scenario using version 2.42 over the weekend. I founded my one city on the coast. After I discovered Electronics, I wanted to build a hydroplant to boost production and clean up pollution. The game would not offer me the chance to build the hydroplant so I had to build a regular powerplant instead. Massive pollution!

Any ideas why I was denied the chance to build the hydroplant?
Working...
X