Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are you in civ? Dynasty, God...

What do you think?
    the game says ...elected as a leader of the tribe. they have knowledge of space flight and rocketry... and so on
    But the time span is enormous. You cannot be one man/girl. I would pick reincarnationg myself. What is your role? Are you a dynasty of monarchs, or an abstract thing like "the will" or "god" or "goverment"?

or what?

I am of the EthnicClensing tribe whose motto is War4ever and I goe by the name of Mr. Fierce. We are a clan of warriors, some more violent than others, a few more intelligent, and others yet who enjoy the beauty of cities and culture. We feed off of the progress of our ancestors and thus make a powerfull and ruthless tribe whose sole purpose is to rule the known world

------------------
    It's clobberin time!!
    - The Thing from the Fantastic Four
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I am AkwaticDudeCity, the last of the Atlanteans. Before the Great Flood came upon my people i was the rightful heir to the throne. Having foreseen the terrible disaster denied by the usurpators of the Council of Atlantis, i fled just in time and took with me my dynasty's most closely guarded secret only to be used in the gravest of events. And this was a grave event indeed. It was the LifeWater kept in my dynasty's scepter, the ZoomScepter. I took the LifeWater and consumed it, to be bestowed upon the Wet Immortality. The price i had to pay was constant tickling sensations in every fiber of my being. After the Great Flood i floated in my vessel on the boundless waters of the world for seven days and seven nights. Upon sunrise of day eight, i finally reached dry land. My vessel washed ashore near the mound of a great river. I wandered for many days and nights the land near the river hoping to find people. And lo and behold, a fortnight later i did encounter a few hunters. Baffled by my amazing garments, the brilliance of the ZoomScepter i used for a cain and my hysterical laughter , they dropped down on their knees in the assumption that i was their LaughingLeader whose coming was prophetised by their resident wise men. I decided to play that role and thus became their leader. To bind them even more to me, i promised them eternal laughter and they felt that was a good deal indeed.

------------------
      ugh crud, why won't they fall prey to my Machiavellian schemes?

[This message has been edited by AkwaticDudeCity (edited March 13, 2000).]
      ugh crud, why won't they fall prey to my Machiavellian schemes?

Comment

Frankly, I don't give it much thought. I always refer to "my" cities, units, etc., but don't feel the need to create a role for myself in the game. I play for a while, save the game, come back and play some more later.

Comment

I used to play a similar game called Genghis Khan on the Nintendo or Playstation. Your character would die and had to be replaced by a son or a general.

When I started playing civ I had that dynasty feeling...

Now that feeling of building an empire is not as strong, but I still think of myself as a benevolent ruler caring for my people...

Carolus

Comment

CR, that was a great game. Ming and I used to trade records on that one.
            Somehow we must have been finishing a lot quicker because our rulers would never have time to die.

RAH
            Lord of the Ferrets
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't ever role-play but in thinking about it, I play the ultimate American Imperialist. Quickly building my high-quality cities to become Supreme in Science, defending it to the death and then when superior militarially(sp?), destroying all other civilizations over time.

Comment

War4Ever...well its in your name
                Aquatic...let me guess, trireme is your favorite unit?

Anyway, I also somewhat "lost" the role-play element...I am getting more and more interested in civ3 so I tried to resolve why I play this game for years (just bought MGE ). After all the hours of play I cannot really say what are the crucial replayability values in civ. So I wanted to check with other players maybe role-playing element has some importance.
                Thanks for the replays.

Comment

I like to think of myself as the goddess empress
                  Apolyton Empress
                  "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

I often pseudo-role play, I mostly play as The Divine Caligula, a demi-god who rules the Romans and never dies.

Graag

------------------
                    "Purple haze all around me, didn't know if I was comin' up or comin' down.
                    -Jimi Henrix
                    I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
                    Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

I usually pick lesser-known historical figures as my name. For instance, I often customize the Romans into the Lombard League and play as Cosimi de Medici of the Florentines. As Germans, I am Albrecht von Wallenstein, the ruthless soldier of fortune hand-picked by the Holy Roman Emperor to lead the Catholic Armies in the Thirty Years War. When I am the Americans, I usually play James K. Polk, the great American conqueror.

My concept of leader is the same, basically, as the one in Apolyton's Civ2 Story:Immortal human chosen by the world's creator(s) themselves/Himself to lead the people to glory.

------------------
                      "On ne peut pas apprendre la chance si on n'est pas hardii."-Napolean

Comment

Now, as to what glory means to us, dring back the savage hoards lead by War4Ever may be a suitable challenge. Your barbaric masses would be no match for my well-disciplined Italian soldiers. Hehehehe.....

------------------

Comment

Vespasian is that a challenge? If you don't find the Horde, the Horde will find you.... either way, spears , lances, muskets , bullets cannons, and bombs, and a nuke all have your name on them
                          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                          X