Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War4ever
    replied
    Vespasian is that a challenge? If you don't find the Horde, the Horde will find you.... either way, spears , lances, muskets , bullets cannons, and bombs, and a nuke all have your name on them

Leave a comment:

• Vespasian
    replied
    Now, as to what glory means to us, dring back the savage hoards lead by War4Ever may be a suitable challenge. Your barbaric masses would be no match for my well-disciplined Italian soldiers. Hehehehe.....

------------------
    "On ne peut pas apprendre la chance si on n'est pas hardii."-Napolean

Leave a comment:

• Vespasian
    replied
    I usually pick lesser-known historical figures as my name. For instance, I often customize the Romans into the Lombard League and play as Cosimi de Medici of the Florentines. As Germans, I am Albrecht von Wallenstein, the ruthless soldier of fortune hand-picked by the Holy Roman Emperor to lead the Catholic Armies in the Thirty Years War. When I am the Americans, I usually play James K. Polk, the great American conqueror.

My concept of leader is the same, basically, as the one in Apolyton's Civ2 Story:Immortal human chosen by the world's creator(s) themselves/Himself to lead the people to glory.

------------------
    "On ne peut pas apprendre la chance si on n'est pas hardii."-Napolean

Leave a comment:

• Graag
    replied
    I often pseudo-role play, I mostly play as The Divine Caligula, a demi-god who rules the Romans and never dies.

Graag

------------------
    "Purple haze all around me, didn't know if I was comin' up or comin' down.
    -Jimi Henrix

Leave a comment:

• Empress
    replied
    I like to think of myself as the goddess empress

Leave a comment:

• VetLegion
    replied
    War4Ever...well its in your name
    Aquatic...let me guess, trireme is your favorite unit?

Anyway, I also somewhat "lost" the role-play element...I am getting more and more interested in civ3 so I tried to resolve why I play this game for years (just bought MGE ). After all the hours of play I cannot really say what are the crucial replayability values in civ. So I wanted to check with other players maybe role-playing element has some importance.
    Thanks for the replays.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Clark
    replied
    I don't ever role-play but in thinking about it, I play the ultimate American Imperialist. Quickly building my high-quality cities to become Supreme in Science, defending it to the death and then when superior militarially(sp?), destroying all other civilizations over time.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    CR, that was a great game. Ming and I used to trade records on that one.
    Somehow we must have been finishing a lot quicker because our rulers would never have time to die.

RAH
    Lord of the Ferrets

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    I used to play a similar game called Genghis Khan on the Nintendo or Playstation. Your character would die and had to be replaced by a son or a general.

When I started playing civ I had that dynasty feeling...

Now that feeling of building an empire is not as strong, but I still think of myself as a benevolent ruler caring for my people...

Carolus

Leave a comment:

• DaveV
    replied
    Frankly, I don't give it much thought. I always refer to "my" cities, units, etc., but don't feel the need to create a role for myself in the game. I play for a while, save the game, come back and play some more later.

Leave a comment:

• AkwaticDudeCity
    replied
    I am AkwaticDudeCity, the last of the Atlanteans. Before the Great Flood came upon my people i was the rightful heir to the throne. Having foreseen the terrible disaster denied by the usurpators of the Council of Atlantis, i fled just in time and took with me my dynasty's most closely guarded secret only to be used in the gravest of events. And this was a grave event indeed. It was the LifeWater kept in my dynasty's scepter, the ZoomScepter. I took the LifeWater and consumed it, to be bestowed upon the Wet Immortality. The price i had to pay was constant tickling sensations in every fiber of my being. After the Great Flood i floated in my vessel on the boundless waters of the world for seven days and seven nights. Upon sunrise of day eight, i finally reached dry land. My vessel washed ashore near the mound of a great river. I wandered for many days and nights the land near the river hoping to find people. And lo and behold, a fortnight later i did encounter a few hunters. Baffled by my amazing garments, the brilliance of the ZoomScepter i used for a cain and my hysterical laughter , they dropped down on their knees in the assumption that i was their LaughingLeader whose coming was prophetised by their resident wise men. I decided to play that role and thus became their leader. To bind them even more to me, i promised them eternal laughter and they felt that was a good deal indeed.

------------------
    ugh crud, why won't they fall prey to my Machiavellian schemes?

[This message has been edited by AkwaticDudeCity (edited March 13, 2000).]

Leave a comment:

• War4ever
    replied
    I am of the EthnicClensing tribe whose motto is War4ever and I goe by the name of Mr. Fierce. We are a clan of warriors, some more violent than others, a few more intelligent, and others yet who enjoy the beauty of cities and culture. We feed off of the progress of our ancestors and thus make a powerfull and ruthless tribe whose sole purpose is to rule the known world

------------------
    It's clobberin time!!
    - The Thing from the Fantastic Four

Leave a comment:

• VetLegion
    started a topic Who are you in civ? Dynasty, God...

Who are you in civ? Dynasty, God...

What do you think?
    the game says ...elected as a leader of the tribe. they have knowledge of space flight and rocketry... and so on
    But the time span is enormous. You cannot be one man/girl. I would pick reincarnationg myself. What is your role? Are you a dynasty of monarchs, or an abstract thing like "the will" or "god" or "goverment"?

or what?
Working...
X