Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help me (balancing my science and tax rate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam Smith: with 0% science only scientists can contribute to science. Trade routes have no effect .

I'm open to the opinion of maximizing science after democracy up to automobile. However immediately after democracy cities are going through population growth so money seems to be more important. The trade bonus at this time gives less than 100 golds for unmatched merchandise .

Comment

Xin:
      So the 288 is assuming science rate = 0. Now I understand.

If you use the Repeated Commodity Trade Strategy, you can almost always find a demand for what you supply, so the trade bonus is more than 100.

------------------
      "I fear that I shall die a Prince."
      -Edward VII, Prince of Wales

Old posters never die.
      They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

Xin Yu,
        Your posts in this thread are of general interest, and many people will miss them. Could you wrap up your observations into a column?

- toby

------------------
        toby robison
        criticalpaths@mindspring.com
        toby robison

Comment

Xin Yu,
          Your posts in this thread are of general interest, and many people will miss them. Could you wrap up your observations into a column?

- toby

------------------
          toby robison
          toby robison

Comment

Adam Smith: Yes, your repeated commodity trading strategy will work fine. But still you'll need money the most (for building aqueducts, sewing system, and transports), so I think we may need to put more weight on tax.

Tobyr: OK, I'll write a separate thread for the summation. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

The main problem with this is that if you look at one of my previous posts, about science rates... you will find that 288 won't get you far... caravans help a lot, but you cannot rely on that ONE city for all your science for very long or you will fall behind. I'll try to find the post...

Here we go http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HTML/000881.html
              I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Working...
              X