None Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• None Units

Can anyone tell me how far away do you have to be from your nearest city in order to get a none unit when you trip a hut? I seem to rarely get a none unit when I go exploring tripping huts and get a military unit that costs valuable shields from one of my cities.
    It is usually too far a away to expediently bring it home and disband it.

Ron

Units from huts are always supported from the closest city. But if the closest city is not yours the unit will be NONE.

Comment

And you can easily return your units, even if they´re far away from your cities. Just place them in a city radius of an AI civ you´re not allied or at war with. They will ask you to withdraw your troops to one of your cities - flight ticket included.

Comment

Ahh None units, one of the joys of my life . I don't get enough of them when I play on huge maps. But if I play on small maps, I can get a decent amount of them. The staple of a good democracy is plenty of None units. It's almost too easy when I play a world map, because I know where the other civs are, and it makes it much easier to get none units.

Comment

BB, on a large map it's easy, park a couple of diplos and two defensive units on a mountain within 4 squares of and enemy city and you will get more non units that you know what to do with. Then extort money for peace and move the excess into their city range and take the free airline ticket home. This is the preferred method for building your army in OCC. Unfortunately it doesn't work as well against human opponents
          RAH
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ah, but Rah, you forget the beings that reside at the Zone...they make ME look good.

There is another trick to getting None units, but you can only do it once a turn.

Basicly, you open the status window for a city in which you have an archer, which is based in another city, not the one its in. With the window that list the commands for the unit open, when it just comes to your turn [in an MP game], immediately hit 'support from this city
            and you'll have a free unit.

Of course, this is a cheat, but it is a healthy one.

Comment

Yes, we were aware of that one. In fact XIN YU was the first to figure that one out, and he did figure it out in a game I was in.
              Nothing gets past XIN.

RAH
              We actually check after games to see if anyone has done it during a game that we're in. If so, we just never play with them again. Actually we have caught quite a few doing it.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

People are still cheating ? hm........ must be because they aren't good enough
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Cheating... *gasp*... Rah... tisk, tisk... oh wait n/m
                  I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Be careful.I challenged an opponent once on non units.

"You have non phalanxs.No way!"

"lol.My barracks city is Nonah"

"oops.sorry"

"dont ***** about my settler from Nontega"
                    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

LOL

Just look in the city menu and see if the Non(whatever) city has any settlers or whatever units attached to it...
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I feel stupid asking this, but how do you check if they used this cheat or not? OK, if every single unit is a NONE it's pretty obvious, but if it's only two? How can you tell?

Carolus

Comment

One or two, and you have to just let it pass... But, when their whole navy is Non Units... that's a problem
                          You look for patterns over games. It's easy to figure out who is doing it.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's called saving after every turn. If you see a few too many at the end, you just go back a few turns and you can see when they did it. Pretty darn definative........BUT

Yes, you're right, It is dangerous to accuse people. So I don't, I just stop playing with them. This is the main reason I don't usually play in tourneys, league, or other "prove how great we are games" I prefer to play with people that I don't have to worry about saving each turn. Don't get me wrong, Tournaments could be great, but not till they do a little better job of bullet proofing the game.

RAH
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well put Rah... you know i really want to play tournies too... but all i have ever heard is players who feel victumized by alleged cheaters........

Now , i don't want to slam anyone and i wont' as who really knows whats happened in the past, but it certainly segregates many great players from playing tournies....

Rah is right..... if you want a good honest game of civ play with poeple you know or here good things of by word of mouth.... this will help minimize any hard feelings

In fact... lucky me.... i have a great circle of civers to play and win or lose, i always get an honest and exciting game.
                              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X