None Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahahaha!

A NONE navy? I guess they didn't bribe your navy either?

Heck, even I would raise an eyebrow in that case...

Carolus

Comment

RAH raises a good point. Always save every turn if you have any thought that somebody might be cheating. You might actually learn that the person didn't cheat at all... and that they were just a better player

I also agree with him on his position of tourneys (duh). That is why I have no interest in playing them. The whole idea of such tourneys seems to bring out the worst in some people... sigh... Give me a good group of people I know... and thank god I have found such a group here
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

A NONE unit will be 'NON' while a unit supported by a city named 'NONE' will be 'Non'. You can tell the difference.

Comment

Xin Yu... what if the city was NONE.... then It would be NON wouldnt it ?

Ok ... i am confused here.....
          [This message has been edited by War4ever (edited February 22, 2000).]
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

A NONE unit woule be 'NON', all capital letters; a unit supported by a city, even if the city name is all capital, will be 'Non', only the first letter is capital.

Comment

not if you name in capitols.ie-NONAH-NONTEGA-NONBHETTO-etc

just reread Xin's last post.I get the first 3 letters exactly as you have you used them in the name.Please don't tell me this is another difference with the MAC version.
              PC people:
              could you start a deity game and resupport your 2nd settler after naming your city NON something and confirm this?
              [This message has been edited by Smash (edited February 22, 2000).]
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Xin Yu... For once, you are wrong on this one. (a rare event) I just went and tested this in a recently saved MP game. The unit shows as NON. I changed the city name to all caps (NONTEST) and the unit showed as NON. Granted, the unit is still supported by the city...
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ooooops. Final hope. There are several views, inside city window maybe different?

Comment

so i am not retarded then and no wise cracks you guys !
                    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

if the unit in question is from another city named NON-(players do this to keep units from disbanding in seiges)it looks just like a NONE unit not showing support from the city you investigate.

I used to do stuff like this to confuse people but I found the only one being confused was me.
                      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Smash... huh?
                        A unit supported by a city named NONxxx, inside another city under siege won't "disband". Why would they disband?
                        Die, yes, but disband?

I know it's the wee hours of the morn & i may be easily confused... but i do not follow that thread at all.
                        "Hm-m-m, doubt me you will?"

Comment

ok.This is more a 1x production occurence and against Republics and Democracies more than other governments

By seiging specials,you can rob a city of that specials resources.If the situation is right,the loss of that specials resources can leave a city with a sheild deficit.This deficit causes disbanding to "level" out.By supporting defenders from other cities,that cities defenders cant be disbanded by seiging the city

Settlers can also be disbanded if food runs out.

By "capturing" a high trade resource,you may rob the city of enough trade arrows to cause civil disorder

Comment

Ken - As you know, if you are in Republic or Democracy, each unit requires one shield support. During a siege, the enemy is sitting on your mines and other shield squares - stopping that production from reaching the city. If 4 units are garrisoned in the city, all supported from that city, the shield shortage causes automatic disbanding of all but one of the units. (The one being supported from the shield on the city square itself.)
                            To avoid this situation, have some units there supported from other cities.
                            The siege works well against an AI city when you wish to preserve its population and improvements.
                            ----------
                            SG (2)
                            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Sorry Smash - I was writing whilst you were posting!
                              -------
                              SG (2)
                              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

hehehe....I like your explanation better

Comment

Working...
                                X