How are maps saved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are maps saved?

(I'm not sure this is the right forum for this ,but since I've seen many analyses around here...)
    The title says it all,is there anyone out here who knows how civ II(2.42) maps are saved?
    Let me explain what I mean:
    In my own mapeditor I save maps as binaries and the information is stored like this:
    First line: map_x,map_y dimensions,kind of map(round(1) or flat(0))
    rest:for each tile an 8-bit number(bit1=huts,bit2&3=special,bit4=river,bit5...8=number for terraintype)and the tiles are stored left to right,top to bottom
    end.

I hope there is someone who can help with this problem.
    (if so I will be supplying a new mapeditor that builds random-maps that give continents/islands when asked for,it could be a solution for generated worlds )

Shade
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

hi shade, will you be putting in an option to remove all huts on a generated map? i think this would be most welcome from a multiplaying point of view as they can really skew a game early on

Comment

1)damn i don't like timezones=>you posted before me
      2) yes i could but i first need to know how i have to save them.
      (need to know the saveformat for civII(2.42))

shade
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

Try posting at the hosted Scenario League forum, people there might have done this before.
        The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
        intelligence to few.

Comment

thx MdS,I did as you told and I have the answer now(i hope)

Shade

Comment

reds4ever:I've been working op a prcedure to save the maps as CIV2 maps and i have bad news for you.As far as i can tell that's impossible ,although it's possible to get rid of the special resources i don't see how it could be done with those huts.The problem is that both of them are saved as 1 seed (and that seed always gives hut's and resources,that's also a problem i have i can save the maps in CIV2 format but the placement of the huts and resources is lost because i use a different technique.(In wich what you asked would been very easy to do.I'm really sorry)
            I've uploaded my mapeditor on my site ,take a look and decide for your self if it's usefull(1 thing's for sure:my random maps are beter than those of Civ2=>I give what you ask )

Shade

Comment

Working...
            X