Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huts

http://www.i2k.com/~density/image77.jpg

this shows how huts are placed. i've never done this before, i see the pattern now. So, are these groups of 4 placed at random? it looks like that.

Yes, that is indeed the pattern...
    You should have included the grid on top of it, so people could see how to guess where huts are. Once you find two sets (group of four) of huts, you pretty much know the entire pattern.

Good job
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You may also add that hut is never more than 2 squares away from special resource and it appears only from 4 sides of possible 8. Sometimes,the hut can appear one square left or right from special,but that happens when 2 resources are close to each other ('L' pattern).
      My life, my rules

Comment

Oh no! We've lost another trade secret!
        When I went looking for huts I always went by instinct as there seemed to be some sort of pattern to hut placement. I couldn't find it because oceans disturbed the pattern...

What's left in the box of secret civ tricks?
        [This message has been edited by CapTVK (edited December 18, 1999).]
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

What else is in the bag of tricks...

Check out the first post in this thread, and you might learn some more
          http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum28/H...tml?date=03:59
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Is it just random what you get or is there a pattern for that too?
            How many french horn players does it take to change a lightbulb? One. The rest will stand around saying how they could of done it better.

*~*And God made the horn and said "DAMN THIS IS GOOD" *~*

Comment

You wont get an advanced tribe if a hut is not in flat land...thats all the predictability abot huts results I know

Comment

Yes, you can only get an advanced tribe on a plains or grasslands squares. However, all other types of squares can provide a wandering tribe (non-settler)

Until you start your first city, you can't get barbarians, a free city, or non settlers.
                However, if you wait till around 2000 bc, people have reported finally getting a city.
                I've never waited that long, so I will take their word on that.

Some say you can't get barbs if the hut is in a city radius.

If a hut is in a city radius, and a worker is moved to the square the hut is on... it will disappear. So be careful when starting cities with a hut nearby...

The game is designed to stop handing out sciences once invention is discovered. But some have reported examples of where it has happened.

Later in the game, you can get cities with more than one population, and improvements.
                Later, you can also start getting $200. Early in the game $100 is the limit.

Can anybody add to these...
                [This message has been edited by Ming (edited December 18, 1999).]
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

I don't recall ever getting anything more advanced than riflemen and dragoons from huts.
                  The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Don't take a hut with a helicopter - it disappears.
                    ----------
                    Scouse Git (2)
                    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

In the ToT fantasy game, it's quite common that goody hut on the surface and a goody nest in the clouds are at the same location. I do not know if this extends to the other two maps as well.

- toby

------------------
                      toby robison
                      criticalpaths@mindspring.com
                      toby robison
                      criticalpaths@mindspring.com

Comment

Um guys ... bit bored tonight so I started a SP Emperor game. Guess what? 3950BC, first hut, turned over a city which became my capital. Only ever done it once before, a long long time ago. I'm keeping this saved game as proof.

Cities out of huts early on is, I think, more common than people think. Started a MP game the other night, Deity level, the second hut I turned over, maybe half a dozen turns in, was a city. Became my second city. Couple of hundred years later, another one turned up.

Luck, yes. I don't think it's a bug. There's nothing that I know of to say you can't get cities out of huts before a certain time. I keep proving the contrary to myself.

------------------
                        finbar
                        Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I only play deity and i never got advanced tribe before capital.
                          Hut within the city radius could produce barbarians. It happened to me more than once.
                          I also got Democracy from the hut couple of times,so its possible to get a tech even after Invention.
                          More about huts...there's no empty huts on raging hordes.
                          Anything else we forgot?

[This message has been edited by SmartFart (edited December 19, 1999).]
                          My life, my rules

Comment

There always seem to be an exception to the general rules
                            And SF... I didn't know that there were no empty villiges at raging hordes. Thanks for that one. Makes playing raging hordes even better

Keep on Civin'

Comment

wait a sec..I'm pretty sure I've seen "this village is overgrown with weeds and ruins" on raging hoardes.?????
                              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
                              X