No announcement yet.

Most Stupid stratergy encountered in MP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eddy- attack. And make sure you have enough units to take his city. Twice in a dual with Matt if I had just one more unit or [in the most pathedic case] one more movement, I would have captured some cities. Go militarist right away and explore like your nuts. Find him and [attempt] to destroy him.

But make sure you don't fall behind technologicly.

Dumbest civ strat? Trading cities for techs- if its that one tech that gets you funde or robotics that one thing...if it gets you like mathmatics, then your a fool. And never trade cities for techs early in the game.
    "One is never too old to die young." Sgt. Sheets
    FREE YYYH and Stewart Spink
    We shall never forget!!

Comment

I attack Rah's city protected by at least 1 vet pike.My vet knight dies with hardly a scratch to Rah's pike.Oh yeah,Rah builds on hills,mountains.forests etc.So what do I do next?Attack with 2 more vet knights.Same result.Still trying to figure that out
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Vet knight: 4 att x 50% vet= 6 att.
        vet pike: 2 att x200% vs horse x 50% vet x 100% hills, x 25% fortified=2 x 375= a defense of 7.5 (and civ2 does count fractions)

This means it is no surprise that you lose attacking with knights. try crusaders (5 x 50%= 7.5 att), they have a much better chance. always attack in groups of at least 3 two move units.

optional: if he has city walls, then 2x 675%=13.5. If you dont have leadership, metallurgy, and can't blow up the wall for some reason, build a fortress and fill it with catapults and 1 defender. 3 vet catapults to 1 vet piker is the ratio to attack with. vet catapult is att 9.
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Did you calc that right seeker? Lets see
          pikeman 2
          vet 3 50%
          fortified 4.5 50%
          mountain 9 200%
          against 2x 13.5 50%

Attacking with 6 just doesn't cut it. Unless you attack with lots of 6s. 7.5 is much better but vet catapults evens it out pretty well.

And where there's one vet pikeman, there's usually more. heheheheheh

RAH
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh, mountain. I thought he said hills (which is 100%). Also: i just add up all the percent bonuses and multiply the base strength by that number. Do some multipliers get applied first/does it make any difference?

If it's a mountain, I say don't be the AI. just go around it, pillage his food.
            [This message has been edited by Seeker (edited December 05, 1999).]
            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Ya.I was attacking a mountain city from a mountain.This is "stupid strategy" right?Thats what this was, stupid strategy.But I like to mess around in short games.

I said "at least 1 pike" hehehe
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Seeker -

If i am correct, by the rules of the Associative Property of Multiplication, it doesn't matter what order you multiply the numbers by, it will always be the same.

Ex.

3*(2*4) = 3*(8) = 24
                OR
                (3*2)*4 = (6)*4 = 24
                OR
                (3*4)*2 = (12)*2 = 24

Doesn't matter what ya do, it'll always be the same.

Comment

RAH

Mountains are not x2 defense, but rather +200%, which is the same as x3

(original 100% +200% bonus =300%, same as x3)

I get 2 x (1.5 for being vet) x (2 for defending against mobile unit) x (1.5, fortified) x 3 (mountain)=27. Moral of the story, when someone has a vet fortified pikeman on a mountain top, and all you have to attack with are mobile units, unless you have at least vet dragoons, just stay away. And even with dragoons you can expect at least a 2 to 1 loss ratio.

I have heared that somewhere in the rules text it states that pikemen only defend at +50% (ie x 1.5) against mobile units as opposed to + 1005. but that would still mean that in the above example the pikeman would defend at 20.25
                  The camel is not a part of civ.
                  THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!
                  SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X