Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warrior - for martial law
    Musketteer - for denying access and defining the battlefield
    Artillery - poor movement, but with rails and planning they can take the easy stuff.
    Howies - Unfortunately, the strongest military unit by a huge margin. Roll them up to the capitals and it is game over; let the spies pick up the pieces.

I too wish the tank was stronger than Howies. Spies and dips are better all around units, but it is so much more fun to move military units than to bribe everything!
    Be the bid!

Comment

Ancient: diplomat

Renaissance: cannon

Industrial: Riflemen

Modern: stealth fighter, spy

I also like the engineers a lot.

Comment

Steve-clark;
        When I start, 200 gold is typical, growing to 500-1500 eventually. I suspect all the tithes are counted regardless of the tax setting. I find that if I reduce taxes to zero, I still get gold. I think the effect of marketplaces-etc is applied to this amount also.

Comment

think: attack, defense and expolarition and improments of scuare, same time!

Howerber: it wrong make to many attackers and then see that others defens is succeswfully.
          Better is sometimes, counter attacks, or hit and run.

Comment

1) horsemen
            2) horsemen
            3) horsemen feat. Cavalry
            4) paratroopers

Comment

Sonder - I thought 1) would be "kreiger"

Hope all is well. Hertha goes through and Group A looks as easy as any.
              Be the bid!

Comment

Archers
                Dragoons
                Artillery
                Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Elephant, frigate, fighter, stealth fighter. Gotta love the last two for multiple attacks in turn - with decent tech lead they can take out half a dozen units apiece a turn - and former two for their punitive functions.
                  Peter H.

Comment

Elephant, frigate, fighter, stealth fighter. Gotta love the last two for multiple attacks in turn - with decent tech lead they can take out half a dozen units apiece a turn - and former two for their punitive functions.
                    Peter H.

Comment

I can't believe artillery hasn't been mentioned!! Once I've got my army of engineers to build insta-rails and fortresses, vet artillery will take out even vet alpines behind city walls, as long as it's not a river, forest, etc. Use artillery, and you won't need howies. The extra fp is the key.

Comment

Ah, ha! I did mention artillery.

Comment

Based on how many of them I build:

1) Warrior. The best buy in the game. I delay Feudalism as long as possible so I can keep building these guys. For 10 shields, you get a content citizen. And, when Leo's kicks in ...

2) Dragoons. Unstoppable by any pre-gunpowder unit (and pretty good on defense, too). Knights->Dragoons is my third-favorite LW upgrade (after warrior->musketeer and settler->engineer).

3) Cavalry.
                          4) Howitzers.

Comment

Another Howy lover!

artillerys aren't that good in diety, when every attack or the ability to retreat count (howys have 2 movements) when the AI can change production and rush buy before their turn so that it's ready during their's. Besides, most AI cities are founded on rivers on the map i use, and for the rest, they can easily use that old musketeer to blow your art. away

------------------
                            Alien Infiltrate

Comment

Another Howy lover!

artillerys aren't that good in diety, when every attack or the ability to retreat count (howys have 2 movements) when the AI can change production and rush buy before their turn so that it's ready during their's. Besides, most AI cities are founded on rivers on the map i use, and for the rest, they can easily use that old musketeer to blow your art. away

------------------
                              Alien Infiltrate

Comment

1. Artillery come alot earlier.
                                2. My artillery survive counterattack, cuz I put a rifleman/alpine/MI in an insta-fortress.

Comment

Working...
                                X