Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivery Bonus Anomaly?

Here's the SAV:

There are two caravans next to LittleBighorn, a Dye and a Hides. LB demands Dye/Salt/Hides. Delivering either one of them pays around 204-208 gold and changes the demand to Silk/Salt/Gold. Delivering the second one immediately also pays 204-208 gold, even though it is not demanded anymore. Dye and Hides are both x2 for demand.

Why is the payout the same, even after the demand changes?

Did you look in the city between deliveries.

This may be similar when you're moving a carvan and it says it's demanded when you move the caravan through but then you look in the city and it's not. (since it has suposedly updated)
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Just before first delivery: Dye/Salt/Hides
      Between first and second: Silk/Salt/Gold

Doesnt matter which you deliver first, either...

(BTW: Lafayette, Smash and Old n Slow: this is from CFC's GOTM32, so consider it a "Spoiler"...)

Comment

were both carvans from the same city? Could a road bonus on one but not the other have come into play.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Knowing Elephant, I'd say that they are from the same city -- he's a fan of OCC.
          Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Maybe the payoutwas only 1x -- but then of course the question is still -- why is the payout the same?
            Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Load it up for yourself and see; I've tried it on two machines, same result. Yes, both from same city, but not OCC; trying an EL start on lousy terrain. Berlin has no TRs yet, arrows around 30. LitBig is on different continent. Either caravan delivered first should get the x2 payout, but second should not.

Comment

Let me guess, your science cost is 306! Am I right? A delivery never pays more than 2/3 of the science cost. Those caravans would be worth a lot more if you had a higher science cost. A good idea could be to trade a few techs with the AI.
                /Chofritz

Comment

I made some calculations after looking at your save. Those caravans are worth somewhere between 400 and 500 gold (assuming Little Bighorn has a base trade of 10). I attached an excelfile I made that calculates trade payoffs.
                  Attached Files
                  /Chofritz

Comment

That would make sense.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ah - the 2/3 science limit! I had not hit that so "early" before - forgotten it was there! These were the first two trades, but the destination was further than I usually go for the first ones. Thanks for reminding me, I thought I had screwed up my settings by creating some scenarios...

I hate trading for unnecessary techs, so I dont think I'm going to swap for WarCode or Horse just to get a bit more gold. I need to hold off gifting the KeyCiv when a trade is near, or at least move that down my ToDo list (I have Diplomacy at the beginning of the Move Stage, before movement and deliveries).

Comment

yeah you're right don't swap for HBR and WC those are completly worthless techs and should be skipped if possible for the whole game. But what I ment was that you should trade for anything that you'll need anyway.

The start in this months game was a terrible one I must say. I did some wandering with the first settler and found a nice SSC site (two whales and one gem I think). I decided to get of the starting island as soon as possible since the terrain was really bad. I also gave up the idea to trade with the AI after exchanging maps with them. Too far away. We'll see if I manage to finish the game this month, usually I don't have the time we'll see, we'll see.

Good luck with your game.
                        /Chofritz

Comment

Horseback riding is a useless tech that should be avoided.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yes HBR is worthless. I don't find any good use for horsemen unless it's a NONE one. If I can get chivalry and polytheism from an AI player I won't bother about getting HBR. Unfortunatly most of the time you have no choice but to take it sooner or later (when conquering the AI civs).

Same thing with warrior code. If I can get feudalism and iron working from the AI, I'll skip it.

But as I said I usually end up having both of them anyway,
                            /Chofritz

Comment

HR can be useful, especially in MP, as the compulsory "not on the path to monarchy"-tech. Gives the second row for rushbuying and allows you to build a two-move exploring unit.

I completely agree on warrior code...

Carolus

Comment

Working...
                              X