Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes the AI overthrow Fundy or Commy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Henrik
    AIs sometimes switch govts during negotiations...

I've only seen that in a scenario though
    that's one of the most annoying AI tricks IMO.

You come into contact with an AI unit and the message "The XXX government has been overthrown" appears. Then, suddenly, the AI seems to get the benefit of any government choice it wants. Technically, they should be in anarchy, but they're not, because if they choose Demo after the revolt, their cities are unbribeable. And of course, by revolting, they can refuse peace offers.
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Another reason to play MP
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man

that's one of the most annoying AI tricks IMO.

You come into contact with an AI unit and the message "The XXX government has been overthrown" appears. Then, suddenly, the AI seems to get the benefit of any government choice it wants. Technically, they should be in anarchy, but they're not, because if they choose Demo after the revolt, their cities are unbribeable. And of course, by revolting, they can refuse peace offers.
        My impression is that you only get to see the "xxx government has been overthrown" because of the contact. The actual revolution may have been earlier. But it may just be an AI cheat

RJM at Sleepers
        Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

No, I agree. You only see the overthrown messages on the turn after they've already switched. It does seem the AI is not hampered by oedo anarchy because their revolts take one turn only.
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Or maybe the AI only revolts during odeo years.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, I once encountered an AI who operated as a democracy but became a monarchy every turn I negotiated with it so it would be able to continue a war.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Hehe, the AI needs some 'concessions'.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                  Or maybe the AI only revolts during odeo years.
                  No, I looked into that a while back - they ignore Oedo, and they are immediately in the govmt they revolt to, even before the "Romans have switched to Republic" message pops up a turn later.

Comment

Although I often see some ai cities in an uproar, are they actually ever in anarchy?
                    Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers
                      My impression is that you only get to see the "xxx government has been overthrown" because of the contact. The actual revolution may have been earlier. But it may just be an AI cheat
                      This was what I thought as well, but they DO change govts during negotiations, I was investigating this for a scenario a while back.
                      Different settups seems to favour this differently though. The most extreme case was when I had an AI change govt twice during it's own move (after taking another AI city, and then again when it contacted me). Then during my own turn when I moved a unit near the AI's newly taken city it's government fell again, then after I'd taken the city from the civ they changed back to democracy, contacted me and declared that they wanted to wipe me off the face of the earth...
                      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

It's always amusing to see a handful of AI cities in revolt for a half dozen turns, and you know it's not causing them any difficulties in terms of Governments.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                        X