Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes the AI overthrow Fundy or Commy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rah
    replied
    It's always amusing to see a handful of AI cities in revolt for a half dozen turns, and you know it's not causing them any difficulties in terms of Governments.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    Originally posted by rjmatsleepers
    My impression is that you only get to see the "xxx government has been overthrown" because of the contact. The actual revolution may have been earlier. But it may just be an AI cheat
    This was what I thought as well, but they DO change govts during negotiations, I was investigating this for a scenario a while back.
    Different settups seems to favour this differently though. The most extreme case was when I had an AI change govt twice during it's own move (after taking another AI city, and then again when it contacted me). Then during my own turn when I moved a unit near the AI's newly taken city it's government fell again, then after I'd taken the city from the civ they changed back to democracy, contacted me and declared that they wanted to wipe me off the face of the earth...

Leave a comment:

• Old n Slow
    replied
    Although I often see some ai cities in an uproar, are they actually ever in anarchy?

Leave a comment:

• Elephant
    replied
    Originally posted by rah
    Or maybe the AI only revolts during odeo years.
    No, I looked into that a while back - they ignore Oedo, and they are immediately in the govmt they revolt to, even before the "Romans have switched to Republic" message pops up a turn later.

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    Hehe, the AI needs some 'concessions'.

Leave a comment:

• :) Smiley
    replied
    Yeah, I once encountered an AI who operated as a democracy but became a monarchy every turn I negotiated with it so it would be able to continue a war.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Or maybe the AI only revolts during odeo years.

Leave a comment:

• Straybow
    replied
    No, I agree. You only see the overthrown messages on the turn after they've already switched. It does seem the AI is not hampered by oedo anarchy because their revolts take one turn only.

Leave a comment:

• rjmatsleepers
    replied
    Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man

that's one of the most annoying AI tricks IMO.

You come into contact with an AI unit and the message "The XXX government has been overthrown" appears. Then, suddenly, the AI seems to get the benefit of any government choice it wants. Technically, they should be in anarchy, but they're not, because if they choose Demo after the revolt, their cities are unbribeable. And of course, by revolting, they can refuse peace offers.
    My impression is that you only get to see the "xxx government has been overthrown" because of the contact. The actual revolution may have been earlier. But it may just be an AI cheat

RJM at Sleepers

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Another reason to play MP

Leave a comment:

• Six Thousand Year Old Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Henrik
    AIs sometimes switch govts during negotiations...

I've only seen that in a scenario though
    that's one of the most annoying AI tricks IMO.

You come into contact with an AI unit and the message "The XXX government has been overthrown" appears. Then, suddenly, the AI seems to get the benefit of any government choice it wants. Technically, they should be in anarchy, but they're not, because if they choose Demo after the revolt, their cities are unbribeable. And of course, by revolting, they can refuse peace offers.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    AIs sometimes switch govts during negotiations...

I've only seen that in a scenario though (and the AI did it every time you negotiated with it in that scenario, without any anarchy involved).
    As I recall it was for one of the playtest versions of exile's Age of War. The AI was extremely millitaristic (Germany) and kept switching back and forth betwen Republic and Monarchy. It'd switch every time it initiated negotiations (sometimes more than once in one turn).

Leave a comment:

• Boco
    replied

And you caught that goof late into a FNSSGS (one of those S's is for Scouse)?

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    Originally posted by Boco
    So if a civilized perfectionist civ with a Fundy govt (and SoL), suddenly finds peace and discovers Democracy in the same turn, the odds are high that it will change to Democracy in the next turn?
    No this can't happen. If they have SoL they already have Democracy

-------------------------------

SG(2)

Leave a comment:

• Elephant
    replied
    They seem to know that Rep & Dem are the strongest economically (which feeds taxes, lux and research), but weakest militarily. If not threatened they will switch to Rep/Dem when some list of basic improvements are in place, but if a few cities fall into disorder they will switch back out. Dem is a fragile solution to bribing problems.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X