Oil and Uranium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil and Uranium

While the discovery of Industrialization creates cities which supply oil and Nuclear Fission creates cities that supply uranium, what I don't know is what creates the demand for these commodities. Does anyone know what does?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Yes, check out this thread.

For some reason the link is not working, but I have bumped the thread, entitled "How Supply and Demand Lists Are Determined"
    Last edited by solo; May 21, 2003, 11:09.

Comment

Thanks.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

That's REALLY complicated! I'm not sure I followed everything.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Re: Oil and Uranium

Originally posted by techumseh
          While the discovery of Industrialization creates cities which supply oil
          Oil can be supplied by some cities long before that time.

----------------------

SG(2)
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I often have cities supply oil when first discovering trade and building carravans for trade routes. This is most annoying as no city will demand oil at this stage.
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

And coal too. It's rare when a city demands coal early.

I never worry about cities demanding uranium. By the time a city supplies it, half my empire seems to demand it.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yeah coal and oil early are a mystery....coal gives a good bonus too...same with oil...but it takes a long time before they are demanded.

sometimes i just send out the vans for routes to a big city in hopes the commodities will reset....but this doesn't always work.
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Yeah, even without it being demanded, delivering it to a large trade city can be good.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                    That's REALLY complicated! I'm not sure I followed everything.
                    I agree that it's very complicated, so you can imagine how hard is was for someone to figure it all out.

I have tried to simplify, summarize and explain many of Samson's findings in my Early Landing Guide. See the section on trade.

As noted by others, uranium supply is almost non-existent, but can sometimes be manipulated, using the info in Samson's thread.

While rare early in the game, the demand for coal can occur in cities that have grown quickly, which are near the poles, and which do not have strong demand for other commodities. Again, this demand can lay dormant until triggered by a cycle turn or the delivery of another commodity first.

(I repaired the link to Samson's thread, which also was repaired in my guide. Now they should both work.)

Comment

Originally posted by solo
                      While rare early in the game, the demand for coal can occur in cities that have grown quickly, which are near the poles, and which do not have strong demand for other commodities. Again, this demand can lay dormant until triggered by a cycle turn or the delivery of another commodity first.
                      Yes, that has been my experience and it's nice to see experience lining up with the thoery.
                      If I have a coal demand, I will try to rush a coal there quickly before the city grows to the next change level.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

still the biggest aggravation, getting the coal there and boom....changes on you.....

but if it was easy all the time, other records would fall quicker...

i admit , that is a confusing read !

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                          still the biggest aggravation, getting the coal there and boom....changes on you.....

but if it was easy all the time, other records would fall quicker...

i admit , that is a confusing read !

This used to be a major aggravation for me, too! Demand always seemed to change just one turn away from delivery, too!

You might want to keep track of city cycle turns, which is when demand lists are updated and changed. I've had no problems with late deliveries after doing this.

Comment

In MP games early you don't have much time in between turns to pay attention to the minutea, but after reading the threads I try to pay a little attention to those types of things when possible. It has helped a little, but you need more time to do it right. And time is in short supply in those games.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks for advice solo, its more applicable in sp mode tho when time isnt' your enemy, unless the wife wants you to come to bed..... just one more turn honey i swear!!!!!

in mp, its far too time consuming to watch everything...gosh knows i can't .....its more like speed chess..

Comment

Working...
                              X