• Time
  • Show
Clear All

To whoever said Warrior Code is bad,

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by IamSlowwHand on 12-04-2000 11:19 PM
      To whoever said Warrior Code is bad,

Best Smiley of the season. Who gets the credit? You or Odeo.

RAH
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

well, I gave him a christmas cap
        justice is might

Comment

How are the tech choices decided anyway? I am asking because I came to Civ2 by way of Freeciv, and in Freeciv, there is no resitriction to what tech you can research as long as it is immediately available in the tech tree. I am interested in finding out how exactly it is done in Civ2 so that Freeciv can be further improved. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Jing,

See thread "odeo's unfinished".

Comment

Thanks a lot, Sequoya. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

I dislike the micromanagers that obsess over stupid crap.

But whatever.
                "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

AH is GigaTroll Now? ROTFLMAO!!

Comment

I just ran a test. Researching Warrior Code when a monarchy pre requisite didn't appear didn't require that I get any additional techs before Monarchy.

I generally go for Bronze Working as my first non- monarchy tech because it provides for defense, allows me to start a wonder, and is en route to Trade. But archers have the advantage of being able to attack that barb that just landed as well as defense. On the down side they cost more than phalanxes, and early on I want to spend shields on settlers.

But archers can be a heck of a lot of fun when the nearest civ decided to go for writing or pottery as their first non-monarchy tech.
                    The camel is not a part of civ.
                    THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!
                    SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 12-09-2000 12:29 PM
                      If you allow the Barb Archer to attack with its strike power of THREE - most of the time your Phalanx is toast!

Well, that is assuming he is non fortified and sitting out on a grassland or other defenseless square.
                      Fortified on any kind of defensive terrain, and I'll bet on the phalanx winning most of the time
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i have to agree with ming here, on decent defensive terrain and fortified , the phalanx almost always wins, unless its that legendary superbarbarian

However even a fortified phalanx in a city on grass has problems with barb archers.

In double production, there really is no point in building any city that isn't on some sort of defensive terrain. Its not like there is a growth problem

Comment

What I love doing... putting a warrior in a city, turning on cheats, on raging hordes, giving myself all techs and watching the barb howies die to my sole warrior mwhahahahaha!
                          I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

I much prefer Horseback Riding as the first non-monarchy tech. True it has no wonder attached, but the ability to chase the Barb King for the 150 gold is invaluable.

Also - as Dave V has said many times - the Barb Archer only has a defence of ONE. If you allow the Barb Archer to attack with its strike power of THREE - most of the time your Phalanx is toast!

---------------

SG (2)
                            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Caesar,
                              You need a life.
                              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                              X