The Creativity of 2 x 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Creativity of 2 x 2

Recently I played a great game with Martin. He built Leos, Statue, and pyramdis and I Mageleons, Mikes, hangings , Sun Tzus and Leos.
    He tried to break my ironclad patrols but failed.
    He had to get more creative.. How about this... Go to the southern artic. Build a city on the tundra, a fort on any tundra adjacent. Load both with a ton of thoose free muskets and all your clads in the city. And simply city hop all the way to my main city mass an unleash a huge army of cannons upon my rail net, take my wonder citys , force my government into revolt and win the game.
    Of course, the counter is to simply fort the tudra as a defensive measure to force thoose clads to stay out at sea where they can be destroyed.
    Another option is to build a ton of citys in a certain area. Use explorers to clear the land of any enemy canons. then , in these newly constrcted citys, disband a musket every turn and, using gold from trade routes, buy an ironclad out of each city! Now you can pretty much overwhelm my ironclad patrol with supurior numbers.
    Cant do that in 1 x 1.
    Just my moment of insanity. now back to the nonsense...Ming..
    8 Time Game League Champion!
    Oh, Its True, Its Dang True!

Re: The Creativity of 2 x 2

Originally posted by StrategicKingMi
    Recently I played a great game with Martin. He built Leos, Statue, and pyramdis and I Mageleons, Mikes, hangings , Sun Tzus and Leos.
    It must of have been a fun game with both of you building Leos

And why can't that be done in 1x1x...

I thought one of the best strategies I've seen is the use of explorers paired up with Alpine units. Flood your enemies territory with them (they can slip past any zone of control) move them two, then finish the turn fortified on solid terrain, and use them to block reinforcements. They are hard to take out and only a solid wall of units will stop them. Xin Yu first trotted that out in a game to block key rail points while taking forward cities... It would even be deadlier in your 2x movement games
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The game is what fosters creativity, not the settings. Besides, whoever hosted used some 'creativity' with the rules.txt if you both built the same wonder.

Comment

ANOTHER CASE OF DOCTORED RULES
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I don't like the idea of 2 players building leo's
          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
            ANOTHER CASE OF DOCTORED RULES
            Hey! Leave me out of it.

Comment

2x2x doesn't change the amount of creativity, but it does require an adjustment of tactics
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

That is true... there is creativity at ALL settings. And you have to make an adjustment for tactics at all settings as well
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

gotta love those units that can attack from one side of the screeen and make it there all in one turn too

just what i want to do, patrol each city with horsies and dips each turn just to see if my opponent is a million miles away

x2x2 is great if you want a short game....but i think there are many "better" war games out there ...

personally i like civ for the expansion, build up, war, trade etc.....

if i wanted a wham bam thank you maam game....... i would have an orgy

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                    I don't like the idea of 2 players building leo's
                    Hydey sighting +1.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

oppppps, I meant I built Bachs, not leos...

Comment

hehe you stirred up a hornets nest...

Comment

This was not a fast game, it took 4 very long, 5-6 hour seessions. It was a fantastic warring, trading and growing game. The end game, with my powerfull democracy overwhelming the godless fundies, was very quick indeed. But with a little more creativity, It should have been a less dramatic ending..
                          Oh yeah, we started with 5 settlers in Monarchy with 0 techs on a pre known board for fairness, to speed things up, sort of a controled accelerated start. if you want to see the map. ill post it, from beging to end...

Comment

i would be curious to see it....though i have never like premade maps as they become to obvious, but i will concede they do offer a fairer starting position

Comment

Some of my best and most favourite games were on pre-mades.
                              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                              X