PLAYTEST for 'de Historibus Europae ver0.2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLAYTEST for 'de Historibus Europae ver0.2.1

This is a playtest of the next version of Historibus!

So far Yop73, Alibaster and Darius have expressed interest. So those three get first pick of civilizations. I will be any Civ except the Ottomans.

The playable Civ's are listed below. I will download the scenario tomorrow and begin emailing it to the participants then. This is not a public release!

Here is the synopsis of what this scenario is about, the changes from the first scenario include movement of some of the cities and the destacking of all forest hexes. There are probally others and I will update this post tomorow with the changes.

Please post your interest to play here and we will try to get a game going soon, hopefully this weekend.

Period: 1520-1721

The Middle ages are over, after 100 years of Renaissance conflict
    is brewing in europe.

In the south the muslim Ottoman Empire is rapidly expanding its
    sphere of influence and it seems to be but a matter of time
    before the gates of Vienna are reached.

To the north, The Holy Roman Empire of German nation is begining to be torn appart by inner strife, a priest named Martin Luther has posted 95 theses protesting against the Pope, starting what quickly becomes known as the Protestant movement.
    While the converts to this religion are numerous, many German Princes are quick to adapt this new religion not out of religious conviction but becouse it places them in command of the church of their country...

It seems only a matter of time before a the monarch of a major nation
    will try to use this as a weapon in thier struggle to increase thier
    power of thier own people.

In the far north in desperate attempts to reform the Calmar Union united around a danish monarch, Kristian II forever to be remembered as "the tyrant" by the Swedish people, orders the execution of every leading
    Swedish noble man after conquering the capital of Stockholm.

However unrest is growing and a young nobleman named Gustav Erikson Vasa leads a peasent revolt against the Danes, soon reconquering Stockholm and throwing out the Danish armies.

In both Spain and the Austria the mighty Habsburg family in an effort to unify their holdings, has appointed the same man to lead the countries.
    In Spain the crowning of a foreigner has resulted in nothing but resentment, soon enough several major cities are revolting against thier new king.
    However these revolts are both losely lead and ill coordinated, they are doomed to fall within short...

In northern Spain a French invassion army has been sighted, and another French army is headed for the Italian city state of Milan...

Playlist: (Edited 28 Jan 03)

Denmark: yop73

Ottoman Empire: jim panse

Austria: conmcb25

France: Yaroslav

Spain: El Awrence

England: Darius

Sweden: FiGu

PBEM map (this was made by Grotghar for the old 30 years war pbem and then edited for new borders by me btw) : See the other Historibus Thread for a map of this scenario.
    Last edited by conmcb25; January 28, 2003, 13:00.
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Yep, the shopkeepers for me.
    Unbelievable!

Comment

Mememememememe. Spain.

Comment

hmm... Sweden to me.
        "This Nation has earned the right to Live." - Carl Gustav von Mannerheim

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
        Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Comment

Is France still open?
          If not, Denmark would be fine too.

Also I've no idea who the shopkeepers might be Always thought the Netherlands are the guys with the huge sense for business but there aren't any in sight here.
          Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

I want to play Danmark. (unless those are the shopkeepers Darius is referring to)
            Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

Shopkeepers are the British, refering to there economic control of the world at one time.
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Looks like Ill take Austria, and where is Alibaster, Bill are you out there?

Do you want the Ottomans?

Comment

still any slots open for me to join?

Comment

Originally posted by jim panse
                    still any slots open for me to join?
                    POssibly the Ottomans, I have yet to hear from Alibaster, if I dont hear from him in the next 12 hours, the Ottomans are yours!

Comment

thanx

Comment

Good luck everyone!
                        Be sure to post if you find any bugs
                        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                          Shopkeepers are the British, refering to there economic control of the world at one time.
                          Well they weren't in economic control of the world this early.
                          Unbelievable!

Comment

OK everyone post your emails here in this thread and I will email you the scenario. Let me know if you want the scenario files only or scenario files and sound.

Scenario files are 1.01 Meg

Sound files are 2.97 Meg!

And these are zipped.
                            Last edited by conmcb25; December 27, 2002, 15:07.

Comment

For FiGu and Darius, use this new Rules.TXT file, just copy over your old one.

Dont ask just do it please!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X