X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah was fun
    "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Amongst the destruction of the barbarian hordes 2 groups of wandering nomads joined forces and the Viking civilization was born in the city of Trondheim. While the people of Trondheim busily trained some warriors for protection and exploration the 2nd group of nomads headed west and found themselves a nice river valley and settled a new city on the banks of the river near some forests full of silkworms.
      Warriors from Trondheim explored to the East and from Kaupang heading west when they bumped into a strange group of warriors claiming to be the Godlike Deitians, peace treaties were discussed and agreed to along with a temporary border.

The population of Trondheim swelled and soon another group of settlers were sent out to form the city of Uppsala near the mouth of border river and they set up an excellent whaling station not far from the Deitian capital.

The Vikings found themselves under the attack of Barbarian hordes but our mighty defenders sent them packing. Growth continued and a new form of Government discovered as King Hydey took the thrown .
      New cities soon sprang up in the south and east of Trondheim . Viking scientists envisage a new way of trading excess goods with other peoples in the near future which should lead to another period of rapid growth along with the rumoured forming of a republic.
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

A good even start by everyone

Progress thus far...
        Attached Files
        "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Celts are Slowwhand.
          Japanese are Dang.
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Story Thread?

As their doesn't seem to be a dedicated one....

the Rise of the Egyptian Empire

3000 BC - the world is born, and on it 7 civilizations. The Egyptian god is feeling rather under the weather however, having drunk way too much punch at the launching of the world party the night before. Feebly trying to focus on his planet, stay upright in his throne and wait until after his move to throw up, the brave God manifests as Emperor Dr_eamer and struggles on....

Soon after 3000 BC - The initial land looks pretty good, a settler saw some silk and had visions of future priestesses wearing slinky robes made from it {we're a very religious race}... definitely a good place to build.

Not too long after 3000 BC - a brave warrior sets out to explore the land. He briefly steps off the river and discovers a horseman, who agrees to help him explore. They seperate and fairly quickly discover that they are on an island. A fairly small one at that. Crap. Must find a way to walk on water {Prophets tell of a man who will show us the way, but unless he comes in the next hundred years or so we'll find a way ourselves and crucify him for being late}

Must be almost 2000 BC - the island is over half full, and already people are getting unhappy. A lot of procreation going on, but obviously not enough. Temples must be built so the priestesses can keep their worshippers smiling, and firstborns are being kicked out to wander the wilderness. Sometimes you just want to shoot the rabble. But then who would do the work?

825 BC - The old scribe has been sacrificed for not doing his job effectively. In between hurling and falling asleep, the Egytpian god Dr_eamer has managed to steer his civ through some turbulent times... following in the footsteps of almost godlike leaders such as Bob Hawke, Winston Churchill and Boris Yeltsin. 1 barbarian invasion was easily dispatched, and then they backed off. Word must have got around about the formidable archers defending each city. We shifted to Monarchy, that was exciting. My subjects pay even more tribute to me now. Have almost completed my first boats {this 'Jesus' fella didn't show in time... he'll regret it when he does}, and soon a few entrepid explorers {trained in the arts of brown-nosing, subterfuge and eating properly at a table} will start roaming the globe on a mission of peace. Wise men have been pressuring me to look at something called 'Republic', but my fuedal lords and navy chiefs are urging me not to, saying it will be too expensive to give people a vote. Apparently my troops won't be able to beat the rabble rousers and uni students into submission either.

The high priestess needs some good old fashioned worshipping, so the great God Dr_eamer puts the world on hold and manifests back into his temple in the clouds, leaving a trusted aide to find a scribe who can keep his mind on the job by next week...
            <>---Cyber-Spyder---<>

weaving webs within the web...

Comment

Looks like i missed a good game...
              HawkHunter Chief of the Crusaders Tribe.. http://www.rathergood.com/vines/

Comment

Second session Sat night 8pm USA EDT - same as last week... post if you have a problem. Don't leave it till the last minute.
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

DEITIAN outcasts...

deity was so annoyed he sent them off on a one way journey to the south pole of a new planet.

The test for the intrepid leader of these settlers was to ovecome extreme adversity and one day return to their God in the stars.

deitigodfather II skidded over the ice and landed in a field. The outcasts were so confused they strayed off in all directions but finally deiticity was founded near a promising river. Well, it looked good until the Hydey crowd showed up.

There was nothing for it. The outcasts had to make peace, had to drink beer and grovell to trade techs. Having met the drunken louts on previous planets the outcasts were very wary but managed to sign a peace treaty that would last until 500AD. They subsequently sited a city right near deiticity. dgII was not pleased but agreement was reached on the boundary line and a map will soon be posted to ensure the understanding.

The ever-peaceful outcast DEITIANS settled into their renowned groove and made the best of a bad situation, founding cities and building connecting roads.

dgII sighted another civ off shore in the NW but no contact was made - apparently this other civ had sent out a boat without anyone on it... tbc
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

The DEITIAN/Viking border

.. as understood by dgII:
                    Attached Files
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

close but no cigar

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Stupid sober ***** draws like a 2 year old

wait till I am sober and we might agree on a picture

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Just make everyone turn up in 12 hours time Deity

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I will be there at 8pm EST, I hope everyone will show up again, I'm looking forward to a good game!

- Narz
                            Shop Amazon thru my Searchbox, thanks! Narz's Chess Page

Comment

ill be there.

slowwhand has had some problems this week adding a new hard drive to his brothers computer.
                              im not real sure about how things are going for him.
                              so im not positive on his appearance.
                              "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

I'd just like to say I'm really sorry I had to drop out. I'll be honest, my friends came over unexpectedly and started hassling me to come out (they were the ones who were typing stupid things on the keyboard during the game), actually I did tell them I would go out with them previously but forgot. When they showed up during the tournament, I was really unable to focus anyway. I know I probably won't be able to rejoin and its understandable.

Diety, I'd just like to say, I know how hard it is to manage a tournament this large and you do a good job organizing everyone, Saturday night just happens to be a bad time for me, I'd like to make it work but I'm not sure I can, sorry for breaking my commitment so unexpectedly.

Good luck everyone!

- Narz
                                Shop Amazon thru my Searchbox, thanks! Narz's Chess Page

Comment

Working...
                                X