Civil War in Multiplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

I play 7 civs too but you usually only get 4 decent ai ones and 2 mini civs.
    My latest little challenge is to wander with the settlers, tipping huts to find enough archers and horses to kill at least one AI civ before I build my capital.

The delightful thing is that, without a city built, you can camp units beside the AI civ's capital, agree to a peace treaty to stop them attacking you, click on the Remove option when they demand you remove your troops, your troops stay exactly where they are, the AI civ is happy until next they ask you to remove them, when you do exactly the same thing. It also has no impact on your reputation, and, when you finally attack and wipe them out - even though you have a peace treaty - your reputation isn't affected either.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I think you must be getting close to playing the civ CD backwards in search of hidden messages
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
        I think you must be getting close to playing the civ CD backwards in search of hidden messages
        I did. At the very end it says: "The Sioux are dead".
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by finbar

My latest little challenge is to wander with the settlers, tipping huts to find enough archers and horses to kill at least one AI civ before I build my capital.

The delightful thing is that, without a city built, you can camp units beside the AI civ's capital, agree to a peace treaty to stop them attacking you, click on the Remove option when they demand you remove your troops, your troops stay exactly where they are, the AI civ is happy until next they ask you to remove them, when you do exactly the same thing. It also has no impact on your reputation, and, when you finally attack and wipe them out - even though you have a peace treaty - your reputation isn't affected either.
          he he he

That's an old trick
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by deity

he he he

That's an old trick
            your an old trickster.
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I've triggered a Civil War a few times in hotseat Multiplayer. Back in the day when Buddy and I would play, neither of us had a PC, so we went to the college library and played each other hotseat there. In one game I triggered a Civil War on him TWICE. HEHEHE, he ****ing hated me for that.

I've never seen it in internet games, but it IS possible in hotseat (and damn fun when it works too).
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
              X