No announcement yet.

Nicosar's Master Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naw, ming, change this thread to a poll.

What do you think would be more tedious?

1. Reading his posts.

2. Playing his scenario.

3. Bannana

RAH
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• oh and this is very entertaining......he must be a writer
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

• I'm actually not that old, I've just played many more games in my life compared to most people.

And wherever the NEW version of the game is, I'd like to see it. The old one was clearly not up to snuff, and not that much different from a normal game.

Creating scenarios is NOT making a whole bunch of new units and then stating that it's a revelutionary game.

It's still Civ.
        Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicosar
          As for the scenario, we will see how it does, I can claim that it is a deeply thought out and experienced design and you who have never touched it save its colorful facade (yessss... they are rather pretty arent they) could continue to denounce it with your eyes alone without ever touching its grain, but I would only ask you to remember, until that later proof should show itself, that I have made so many changes to every part of the game that you could not possibly begin to fully bear in mind the broader change which alter whole large areas of tactical gameplay and the whole strategy until you have delved into it, and you could make still assumptions, but ever the slim probability, despite your biases, that my game might even be the disputed heir to civ 2 and an improvement upon it should pester you to accompany your mere surface appraisals of deep things...
          Hmmmm... I was correct... more overly worded drivel that says absolutely nothing about his version of the game but is still full of his holier than thou attitude.

Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

that I have made so many changes to every part of the game that you could not possibly begin to fully bear in mind the broader change which alter whole large areas of tactical gameplay and the whole strategy
            Yes, I can see it now. The units don't do traditional combat. Instead, the attacking unit starts spewing incoherent boasts of superiority. Every minute thereafter, the defending unit starts taking saving throws against madness. If it misses it's saving throw, it kills itself and is eliminated from the board. If it can last a full 30 minutes, the attacking unit if either forced to become humble and retreat/shut up or it must commit hari kari. An exciting new concept coming to a forum near you.

RAH
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Lucky I finished my doughnut... Otherwise I might have needed the Heimlich...
              Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

• Originally posted by rah

Yes, I can see it now. The units don't do traditional combat. Instead, the attacking unit starts spewing incoherent boasts of superiority. Every minute thereafter, the defending unit starts taking saving throws against madness. If it misses it's saving throw, it kills itself and is eliminated from the board. If it can last a full 30 minutes, the attacking unit if either forced to become humble and retreat/shut up or it must commit hari kari. An exciting new concept coming to a forum near you.

RAH
                sounds like a fearsome new AD&D creature to me
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• All that remains is for the attacker to do the right thing and commit Hari ki ri

Comment

• Spike why dont you commit that instead....

Kill the spamming beast

Comment

• Well, I have a few players now, and all look to be trustworthy honorable players (an honor that can be trusted is one of the most important aspects of my game, due to the extensive honor code), and willing to play regularly, so we will see in time when these people come to testify to you all, when having played the game in full, about the 'final word' that mere spectators cannot claim, because for the moment any little spark here that simmered among these dead embers has been snuffed and the interest now only hinges on your humorless anecdotes, but I'm glad some of you still find a release for your laughter in them; it is good that this forum at least isn't mirthless for all!

I could take any of you to play with, though I think this is only theoretically, but then again, because of the key honor system by which the game is greatly bettered a great deal of mutual understanding and trust is required, and I think that some of you would rebel against the strict order of its preciseness in defiance of any such control I would try to put over you and bend its corners wherever you could, so I suppose in the end I'd be actually very careful who I played against...

Of course, I will assume that you all will be here when we return from this hardy endeavour of tackling my game, but even so, I should think that some of my players won't resist coming here to critique my version before the end is even near, for ill or good, so keep your ears pricked up!

(and as a final note, I guess I would say that my last sculpted post [a writer you say! noooooo, not me....;-) ], was written just after I came back last night from the opening day midnight screening of The Two Towers.... and maybe some of you might like it but as a great admirer of the book I didn't like it at all, and found that the magic that Tolkien had wrought into all his words were replaced with megalopolous big-super-giant production values, and that coincidentally the story was also butchered...)

(and the ents sucked! I had a realistic vivid image of what they looked like when I read the book, but those things looked like storybook drawings done in 3D!)
                      Last edited by Nicosar; December 18, 2002, 19:05.

Comment

• Now he attacks our honor...

What's next on your list of insults.

See ya in 2 years if you ever get your game finished by then, assuming it even starts
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Do not be so jumpy my gigglish compatriate, because what you view as an insult I consider merely a rational prediction of certain possiblities were we to play the game, which is to say nothing about your honor, or... at least as you know it, since my honor system would put any good man to the test...

Let me explain; the honor code consists of 6 pages, including 19 articles and a sub-section dealing with a new concept whose very existence in my game depends upon the complete agreeace of all upon it and my confidence that I have faith in everyone's given word, which is the establishment of 'ruler' units which act slightly as a king piece might in chess.

I will not plunge headlong into this solid but unsimple new aspect and just give you another example, article 15... and I quote excerpts:

"Cannot use the parachute paratrooper icon on the screen as a 'radar' to detect enemy presence as the squares you cannot land on."
                          "This tool was meant to ensure that you do not land on the same square as an enemy and NOT as a cheap detection system. Furthermore, you MUST commit to a paradrop execution BEFORE you even press the 'P' key or choose 'paradrop' from the menu; you CANNOT initiate the procedure to find enemy troops inhabit the designated terrain and then abort mission; ...."

So, it is just a precautionary evaluation of some of you, not a snobbish derision, based on your opinions for this game I have quietly been studying, that I honestly think you would find yourself with the chance to break the above rule and do so, saying to yourselves, 'ahhh, but who does he think he is that Nicosar, to outlaw something I used to do something so readily before... no, i think I'll do it, Its not a big deal....", but to me it would be, as it would be to the other players.

I think that such a remark would reasonably be consitent in nature with most of the tones I find voiced in this thread, and if you cannot see that, then you should try and see things from another perspective inconsistent and opposite to that same tone, for there you might stumble upon the reasoning behind this little sub-argument

Comment

So, it is just a precautionary evaluation of some of you, not a snobbish derision, based on your opinions for this game I have quietly been studying, that I honestly think you would find yourself with the chance to break the above rule and do so, saying to yourselves, 'ahhh, but who does he think he is that Nicosar, to outlaw something I used to do something so readily before... no, i think I'll do it, Its not a big deal
                            YOU SON OF A *****... YOU ARE IMPLYING THAT WE DON"T HAVE ANY HONOR.

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE. You have just said that we would CHEAT! And on this board, if you accuse somebody of cheating... YOU NEED PROOF.

HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ANYBODY OF BEING A POTENTIAL CHEATER. HOW DARE YOU IMPLY THAT WE DON'T HAVE HONOR.

Take you words and cram them where the sun doesn't shine. There is far more Honor in most of our little fingers than you have in your entire body.

On this board, people who accuse other of being cheaters with no proof are the lowest of low... the scum of the earth. They also get restricted.

So take back your crap or you WILL stop posting here.

You have just proved that you have no honor. You are indeed the scum of the earth and have no clue about gaming in general let alone Civ II MP.

To accuse another gamer of cheating and having no honor based on words instead of by real actions makes you NOT WELCOME HERE!

And I would also recommend you respond to the Moderator PM that has been sent to you for your breaking the single most important rule of this forum.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Ming is on the WARPATH.....go get him Ming....

btw, i second what Ming is saying....don't accuse people!

Comment

• Yes, he runs out of arguements so all he has left is to insult our honor. What a jerk. He just proved he doesn't have any himself. But why am I not suprised.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X