Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine is different

Originally posted by deity
    When I try to Expand it says Game is not running then this error...
    (Is the Ultimate the problem?)
    I have the ultimete clasic collection the same as deity as that is what was sold in Aussie land but when I play civ it comes up as gold.

so perhaps it will work for me.

I will try it when I am feeling less
    Attached Files
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

It loaded alright on my game and seems ok so perhaps I have a different patch than Deity so the fix to his problem may be very simple.
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Xin Yu
        I think this may work: you save a copy of the civ2.exe file, then hack the program to change the title bar. Use any hex editor, search for the exact title of your civ2.exe ("Ultimate Civilization II ..."), then replace it with "Civilization II Multiplayer Gold Edition". If the latter is shorter in length, use 00s to replace the remaining characters; if the former is shorter you'll have to go beyond its length so there is a small risk.

After that is fixed, my program will recognize your version, but it may still not work since the memory addresses for money, etc. maybe different.
        eerr... I think I'll stick to things the way they are
        "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

The CivManager has gone Gold! Please go to civ2 general forum to download, or follow the link of the first post in this thread.

Deity, perhaps you can follow Hydey's approach. First install civ UCC version, then instead of using the UCC patch, you use the MPE patch. That may change your window title.

Comment

Didn't get a chance to try it this weekend. Well, next weekend is a long one.

RAH
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Rah, thanks anyway. There has only been 7 downloads so far for the 'Gold' version so business is kinda slow now. The trial version had 27 downloads in a week, I hope those people can come back to try the new one.

Comment

Working...
              X