No announcement yet.

This is what happens when you don't get HG on deity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No posting for 6 months...If you want to do that I'll play you emperor, but not deity. I'm not going to play for 6 months of no posting on a level that comes down to who gets HG first.

Comment

• Anyone want some chicken?

Comment

• DD, you won't live past 1000 bc...no offence....

eyes can find people with the best of them and is one of the masters of bringing it....

if the game goes on long enough you may have a sporting chance....

again no offence, but at this point , your just not good enough to beat him ....though you may take a game off of him
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by arii
          I think that the real power of the pyramid is not that it takes half the amonunt of food to grow your city pop by 1 but when you build a settler. The city that produces the settler recovers a lot faster from the pop lost and then is able to produce a new settler a lot faster.
          So for people that crank out settlers to expand very fast it is a very powerful wonder.
          Its also a hell of a lot easier to field a army. The pyramids are far more powerful then HG when used right. When it comes right down to it the HG is completely useless, as it doesn't change the riot factor in diety but only lets you build a few more cities.. That is when your not playing with a modified rules.txt.....
          Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
          and kill them!

Comment

• Care to prove that markus? You can host, but we won't be using those **** map settings that you took a cheap win off of me last time. I'll give you pyramids, I get HG. Lets see who wins.

Comment

• Are you available now? I'll hanging aroud for a while.
              My life, my rules

Comment

• Yes I'm available now. I'll go in the chat room.

Comment

• Originally posted by HappySunShine
                  Care to prove that markus? You can host, but we won't be using those **** map settings that you took a cheap win off of me last time. I'll give you pyramids, I get HG. Lets see who wins.
                  you hosted that game with YOUR settings, remember because i hosted the second session with the normal riot factor and all your cities rebelled. On a island Map LH rules, if you have little grassland HG rules, if you have rivers pyramids rule. So i will play, as long as i have a few rivers and grasslands around. 3500 bc restart rule
                  and kill them!

Comment

• First of all you didn't host ****. Second of all, we had alot of restarts with my map settings which is why we played a game with your map settings. Your little archipilageo small land masses ****. Second of all when my riot factor was at 18 in the ONLY DEITY GAME I have ever played you you told me half way through that the riot factor was wrong and you were right. So I reloaded the game with ME hosting with the normal riot factor. You then got HG and I resigned. Of course you had a pheasant and a whale in your capital and you also had whales in your next 3 cities while I had no whales and just forest in my first couple of cities. And no on an island map LH does not rule unless the other islands are so far away you can't get to them without lighthouse. And I've been told by SF that you lost to him when you had HG and he had pyramids...that's really pathetic.

To Emperor Montezuma (1300 B.C.): This is stupid. size 1 city now needs 3 units and a temple to stay happy. How does this contribute to the game other than to slow it down and bring people down to 1 level?
                    To Emperor Montezuma (1200 B.C.): You guys should just admit the fact that you like deity because it keeps the expansion speed on your level.
                    From Emperor Montezuma (1200 B.C.): i see your point. it just happened i got used to it and play all my games on deity
                    To Emperor Montezuma (1150 B.C.): I guess. All I want to hear is 1 thing from you guys on teh forum and I"ll never say another thing again. "I play deity because I like the slower expansion speed that allows me to keep up with the better players"
                    To Emperor Montezuma (1050 B.C.): lol I have rioting citizens now. Very nice. All part of the beauty of Deity. The fabled black citizen seen nowhere else.
                    From Emperor Montezuma (1050 B.C.): haha...i am dead in this one i know. no monarchy yet and only 6 cities. but i had to go for huts because i saw you got tribe early. unforunately i got barbs and misleading techs
                    To Emperor Montezuma (1050 B.C.): I got lots of misleading techs, no barbs.
                    To Emperor Montezuma (1000 B.C.): But don't complain though because on deity barbarians can kill 1 person and the other guy can't get any. All part of the strategy of deity, remember?
                    To Emperor Montezuma (975 B.C.): Shall we continue this or do you give up?
                    From Emperor Montezuma (975 B.C.): i might throw in the towel. not getting monarchy about 2000bc on deity is death penalty. i still havent it
                    To Emperor Montezuma (975 B.C.): You lost this game before you even started.
                    To Emperor Montezuma (975 B.C.): The only reason you beat markus without HG is because Markus sucks. Plain and simple.

This was my chat with SF in our game today. He even admits he agrees with my points. I rest my case.

Comment

• Hehe how does the experiment prove your point though? I mean, how are we mere mortals to tell between the power of HG and the omnipotence of Eyes?

Comment

• It was your map settings settings. As anyone can plainly see from the attached map.

Just admit it, you have no clue how to build a civ without HG.
                        Attached Files
                        and kill them!

Comment

• I never said the loss on deity was my map settings. I said the one on king 1x1x, your only win against me on king ever was your map settings. And I think this game proves my point yet again. You can't win without HG. And why did you get HG First? I think just by looking at the resources in your cities compared to mine answers any of those questions. The only cities that had good resources were half way around the world.

Comment

• Look,Eyes,your win today was based on getting tribe on 3400 bc.Reading your posts i got an idea of what such of advantage can contribute to your civ.And i know you know it well too. So what are you trying to prove? We didn't even get close to find out what is more powerful on deity. Pyramids or HG?

Why did not posted our pre-game conversation? One when you didnt liked your island number in our 1st try?
                            That alone should allow me at least a rematch. If you have any sportsmanship at all.
                            My life, my rules

Comment

• And building on grassland,getting monarchy about 2000 b.c. with pyramids can make more production tnan any Hanger can do. But you need same hut luck in that one. Finding free city in 1st 10 turns is more powerful than any wonder. Tell me am wrong please.
                              My life, my rules

Comment

• If only he would use his powers for good
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X