Mongols PBEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mongols PBEM?

Would anyone be interested in a PBEM game of Harlan Thompson's classic Mongols v3 scenario?

I vaugely recall that this was tentativly put forward a while ago but got knocked back due to problems with the scenario - If someone reminds me what these problems were, I'd be willing to fiddle around with the scenario to fix them... [assuming that they are fix-able ]

Incidently, I call the Christians
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

One of my prefered scen!!!

Don't look any further for the Khwarizmians...

One thing that would be needed is to enable the civs t talk together!!
    Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
    Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
    POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
    LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

India Rulz

Yea, I'll play the Indians.
      Follow the masses!
      30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

There aren't no native Americans in Asia, Stefan

As for that scenario, I find it's too full of units and details etc., too busy... but still, have fun each of you

Comment

I'll take the Sung Chinese

Comment

I would join, but I am in too many pbems allready ;o
            No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Re: Mongols PBEM?

Originally posted by Case
              I vaugely recall that this was tentativly put forward a while ago but got knocked back due to problems with the scenario - If someone reminds me what these problems were, I'd be willing to fiddle around with the scenario to fix them... [assuming that they are fix-able ]
              The main problem was that the scenario was biased against Mongols. Mongol player is unable to make any conquests against human opponent. Even Xin Yu refused to play them.

So, you need to make Mongols stronger if you want them to have a chance. My suggestion is: don't give them more units or better government but rise the attack of Mongol units ca 1,5 times. It should be enough for balancing the scenario for PBEM.

Comment

Just make their units cheaper.
                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I like your avatar icon, tech. Looks like a civ2 unit.

Comment

You mean Civ3? It is.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thanks Cyrion, Marko and Tech - I'll enable negotiations, and make the Mongols units cheaper and a bit more powerfull [to make up for their fairly vunerable starting situation]. Does anyone else have some other sugestions?

The order of play is:

Mongols - techumseh
                      Chin / Kara Khitai - Civfan
                      Sung Chinese - Smaug
                      Indians - Stefan Härtel
                      Khwarizmians - Cyrion
                      Muslims - Marko
                      Christians - Case

edit: finalised player list.
                      Last edited by Case; July 28, 2002, 20:11.
                      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

It doesn't look like that boney2 pbem is going to come together, so I'm game for the Mongols.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

What civ do you want?

Comment

the Mongols.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Case
                              Khwarizmians - Cyrion [Incidently, how do you prodounce 'Khwarizmian'?]
                              For the Mongols, it will be easy: just call us "Masters"!!

And about the change of cost/power for the mongol units: I agree IF we want them to do as well as they did in history!! As I don't want my Civ to be destroyed too early ( ), I would prefer the change not to be too drastic, so that the Civs closest to the Mongols can play for more than just a few turns...
                              Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                              Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                              POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                              LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Working...
                              X