No announcement yet.

Are There ever gonna be tribes again ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are There ever gonna be tribes again ?

Just wondered if their was ever gonna have tribe's again in gameleague or in civfanatics? dagmine perhaps you know of gameleagues or frank Jhonson ? I miss the ol tribel wars..

?

Geee am I such a forgotten deity of days long past that people are confusing my alter egos as truely seperate people?

I, Frank Johnson, and Dangime are one in the same....and I've never made an effort to hide that fact believe.

And no, I don't plan to revive tribes. The few die hards left playing seem to perfer the groups they play in over the gruff and overcompetitive world of tribes, or ladder play in general.

Comment

not likely..there hasn't been any tribe play in about a year, i don't think its the competitiveness thats a problem...

part of it is the x2 move, part is cheating, part is settings, part is the game is older, etc..etc...
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

civ fanatics site was going to do a tribe league
        but they canned it .
        some nonsence about waiting for Civ III mp
        or they didn't have time to mess with it.
        or i don't know , the usual lame excuses.
        "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Damn, tribes were good but I doubt we'll see them again, there have been a few attempts to set them up unofficially but without an actual tribes site it just doesn't work . Hardly anyone plays team games either, even though they are one of the best ways of playing civ, something I'll never understand.

And yeah, CF really screwed up closing down the tribes system just as it was getting active, although their overly-harsh forum moderation was killing support for their league anyway.

Comment

yes they canned it just as they were getting it going... i just wish there were somewhere where we could get tribes going again.. sure miss those team wars they were fun ..

Comment

Me and Robbie offered to take over GL and run it for the owners but I dont think they ever responded to it

Comment

once could always start a new tribe system somewhere..if you have the time and the money and you know how to find them.......

The A-Team *music* dud de duh da.....da da daaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

yeah ....just do it....

Comment

Man.......tribe games would rock!!!......seeings that our old tribe is on most of the time....Brave is back so our tribe is complete again.........Boann and Slowhand could always dust off their old tribe also............
                    Legalize it now!!!!!....Free the Weed!!!

Comment

now we just need Eyes and the devine tribe to make an appearance and we can talk about this for another month or so .

however the idea sounds great

Comment

Well, I'm all prepared to form a one man tribe

Comment

Hahaha....

I will put up an old school orginal civleague tribe style HTML page up for all you old foggies......but I cant do anything better than that and I cant promise instant updates Plus I'm not gonna worry myself with rosters but I will put up links to your own website if you want with your list. Informal......friendly......

Comment

True Tribes is nothng like the brain-dead League players, who seem to glory in whomping newbies.
                            Tribes will come back, somehow. It may not be via Dangime, but it will happen.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Johnson
                              Hahaha....

I will put up an old school orginal civleague tribe style HTML page up for all you old foggies......but I cant do anything better than that and I cant promise instant updates Plus I'm not gonna worry myself with rosters but I will put up links to your own website if you want with your list. Informal......friendly......
                              well if you will build it, we will come.
                              im sure you could pass on the task of updating
                              to one of us old farts... give it to slowwhand
                              hes got nothing better to do besides everyone
                              trusts slowwhand.

TRIBES TRIBES TRIBES

Comment

Working...
                              X