Maybe we should form a slow players group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe we should form a slow players group

Not to change anyone's slow play habits but so they can play with fellow slow pokes
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Re: Maybe we should form a slow players group

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
    Not to change anyone's slow play habits but so they can play with fellow slow pokes
    I think diety, DD, epik and AH should start a game, no one is allowed to quit
    Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
    and kill them!

Comment

AH?

They could call it the Slow Players League, stay out of other games, maybe link up with the PBEM crowd.

Everyone is happy

I mean, wandering around an enormous map tipping huts for 5 hours without meeting anyone isn't my idea of fun - but to each his won
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

last person awake wins!
        Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
        and kill them!

Comment

Nothing better after a long days work than to come here for a good gut laugh.
          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Now come on......in DD's defence in doesn't take a lot of time in turns.........
            Legalize it now!!!!!....Free the Weed!!!

Comment

Really?

From Consul Deitus Dudius (50 B.C.): i must have slept thrru part wheere u pick research - now i am researching banking and I dont rremeber picking that

Comment

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has fallen asleep during a game. But for me, it was more like I passed out...

*maybe I shouldn't drink so much while we are playing*
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

doesnt' remember picking research
                  Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I always wondered if it would select a tech for you.
                    I worry about it sometimes when I'm taking a smoke break
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yes it will....it only take about 20-30 seconds if you dont move the tech choices around or use the goal path..happened to me when i was out of it .....ended up taking some dead end tech .....

Comment

But wouldn't it have to go through 20 seconds for the notification that it's your turn and then 20 seconds for each city maint screen that pops up first?

RAH
                        I sometimes come back and notice it on a city screen maint. (and then i know I've been a bad boy by slowing the game down) It is rare though and early in the game when turns are flying through.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

well all i know is i have not hit the enter bar when my turn comes up , its gone through some/one/all the cities and then it picks the research.....

but your right for each city you go through you add more time....so draw your own conclusions

Comment

Yep, the one turn I never go out for a smoke is when I know I'm going to be able to select Monarchy the next turn. That would suck to come back and find out you're researching Masonry.

RAH
                            Timing those early smoke breaks are tough since the turns are flying.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

smoke indoors

Comment

Working...
                              X