Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deity

What a lot of rubbish Horse!

We had our worst arguments over several simul wars last year.
    Hang about. There was a bit of a spat - hair-pulling, name-calling, foot-stamping kind of thing, really girlie kind of stuff - in one game because Horse accidentally - he claimed - sank one of your triremes. Jeez, I've had worse arguments with myself over whether to have another bowl of Tiramasu!

* Turn off the pop corn machine, Ming, this one doesn't qualify.

We didn't play for a year after that, or was it because we met at finbar's for dinner ... LOL
    A mild exaggeration. It was more like a month. And we should organise another dinner again soon. We can do it here again, I'm central to everyone. And maybe we should all chip in 30 bucks and fly Hydey up on one of those cheap Virgin Blue tickets.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

We had our worst arguments over several simul wars last year.
      What arguments? You bleated and whined, we just made fun of you
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
        *Ming makes a double batch of popcorn*
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
          In our simul testing, the host had one heck of an advantage. I could move spys in without interference. But others moving them in on me, I could kill them before they made the second move. Didn't seem quite fair. Same thing for moving stacks.

We ended up having more arguements.
          And we found we weren't saving as much time as you would think.
          On top of the micromanagement that is usually done during other's turns. All the smoke breaks, bathroom breaks, pretending to pay attention to the wife breakds, happened anyway. So it ended up not being worth it. Most of the attempts to discuss simul combat rules fell a little flat.

RAH
          Man i keep telling you guys... When there is a war, at the START of the turn the civ declares war in the chat and then attacks, once he is done moving he says "done" in the chat and the guy that was attacked gets to move.. Then turn ends, then the attacking civ moves his units again and posts done... etc

This way if there is a 6 player game 2 players move turn based and the rest simul.... And even then the player being attacked could always move sets and stuff that are far away from the combat zone.
          Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
          and kill them!

Comment

This doesn't take into account those early encounters where that one attack (not a war) can make a big difference in a game. A horse moves one square encounters a warrior that hasn't moved that turn yet. Warrior attacks horse before horse can finish move. Warrior gets nomad from hut.
            I know this could seem trivial, but this is one example of things that caused arguement. It wasn't a declared war, just an early encounter.
            Now you say, when contact, move in order of color. But the warrior (if color was higher) would never have seen the horse till it finished it's turn. So it could never have attacked. But in this example, the lower colored horse was able to be killed.
            There are a lot of variations to this that kept leading to arguments. We had one person quit a game. So it wasn't worth it.

RAH
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You guys take it all much more seriously than we Aussies - at least the finbar, horsie, hydey element.

You could always play simult up to a point and then switch to TB when a war breaks out. Best of both worlds.

Also, you play 2x and we play 1x.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Horsie, may I remind you that you quit that simul game after I bribed your tri

You were in a filthy mood - bring out the archives Ming!

It was I who taunted vous
                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

You're getting confused. You never bribed my tri - I sunk 3 of yours

Comment

It was I who taunted vous
                    Mmmmm. Crank up the popcorn machine, Ming, it's getting really ugly now. Deity has opted for the formal "vous" - which is to say, the second person plural, used to a complete stranger - rather than the less formal "tu" - which is to say, second person singular, used to a friend.

I wasn't aware that Deity knew how to offend in a second language.
                    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I would have liked to finish that game. The trouble is, Deity constantly wants to start new ones

Comment

You could always play simult up to a point and then switch to TB when a war breaks out. Best of both worlds.

Also, you play 2x and we play 1x.
                        You didn't answer how you handle chance encounters that aren't considered wars.

And I am slightly confused, what does 2x production have to do with it?

RAH
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Chance encounters, we don't care, we'll work it out at the time.

2x - different strokes for different folks, that's all I meant.

Comment

Is there any group so always willing to kill each other, like these wildass Aussies?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Actually, it's only Deity. We're thinking of having him tried as a War Criminal.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X