No announcement yet.

What rule do people most disagree on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never understood the basis of Deity's objection to simul turns. Is it war related? In that it's too hard to fight a war in simul? What is it?

Frankly, I'd take simul anytime.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

He thinks the host gets a shoot first advantage. He may be right. Otoh, that could be a "lose first" disadvantage. I suspect it evens itself out.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Host gets a big unit move advantage, I've had hosts sail across right past my ships, land off crusaders and take several cities before I even get the chance to move a unit. After that I'll never play simul again.

Comment

Originally posted by finbar
          I've never understood the basis of Deity's objection to simul turns. Is it war related? In that it's too hard to fight a war in simul? What is it?

Frankly, I'd take simul anytime.
          The problem with simul is that it's just too quick...

I mean everything seems to happen at once

Chess moves aren't quick.. LOL, I better shutup now.

finbar just like building Wonders fast!
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

In other words it discourages slow play
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Gotcha.
              " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
              "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Simultaneous sucks for battles.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

simultaneous is for starcraft
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

In our simul testing, the host had one heck of an advantage. I could move spys in without interference. But others moving them in on me, I could kill them before they made the second move. Didn't seem quite fair. Same thing for moving stacks.

We ended up having more arguements.
                    And we found we weren't saving as much time as you would think.
                    On top of the micromanagement that is usually done during other's turns. All the smoke breaks, bathroom breaks, pretending to pay attention to the wife breakds, happened anyway. So it ended up not being worth it. Most of the attempts to discuss simul combat rules fell a little flat.

RAH
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Deity's complaints aside, we don't have problems with simul in the Australian games. Horse sometimes disappears to do things with nappies (that's diapers to you North Americans) and a baby's bottle. And have a smoke. I smoke at the computer. And we don't seem to have many wars. And none of us seem to urinate or defacate. Maybe simul was designed purely for Australians.

Comment

Originally posted by finbar
                        And none of us seem to urinate or defacate. Maybe simul was designed purely for Australians.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

As finbar says, our games are more likely to end in a spaceship than wars so the simult combat thing is not such a problem.

Comment

Can someone acquaint Deity with the fact?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                              As finbar says, our games are more likely to end in a spaceship than wars so the simult combat thing is not such a problem.
                              What a lot of rubbish Horse!

We had our worst arguments over several simul wars last year.

We didn't play for a year after that, or was it because we met at finbar's for dinner ... LOL
                              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by deity
                                What a lot of rubbish Horse!
                                We had our worst arguments over several simul wars last year.
                                *Ming makes another batch of popcorn*

simul war sucks... while the other advantages are nice, I'll stick with turn based...
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X