No announcement yet.

What rule do people most disagree on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing I see most is city/unit bribe question.

Personally, I hate diplos/spys.
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Do people feel as though spies unbalance the game....there are so many things you can do with them, that it makes them so tough to defend against.....

in reality these three things ruin the game in the modern era....spies, nukes and howies...

spies resteal tech, poison the city...can bribe.....etc...
      nukes..well first to them wins.....nuff said
      howies.....move and shoot on rail...hahaha

at least with other units...there is defense and ways to defend......or make preemptive strikes....

most don't like to play with nukes....its something i noticed... i guess they remember a few going off in a game aways back

i too agree that the GW shouldn't be used in duels with no city bribe....but then that makes STWA valubable...

i wonder if you could make the GW last longer ...or provide some sort of modern defense...or make the ET a defensive bonus ........its tall...it can spot **** coming ahead of time

Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by markusf

Pyramids are useless if you use republic in 2x. A republic player will always dominate.
        1X or 2X, Pyramids helps turn it into a runaway.
        Just because you have Pyramids doesn't mean you can't be in Republic, does it?

It's how your skanky friends used to screw people in League.
        "Let's play until 1 A.D., power graph decides."
        Pyramids built, power graph reflects mightily, another newbie bites the dust.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          I see more "No City Bribe" requests being made.
          Along with that is "No Great Wall", which I still fail to see how relates.
          The person who builds GW is almost invincible, a realy killer in a duel right up to metallurgy.

Comment

I would like a game there diplos/spies only are allowed to etablish embassies, all other diplo/spies actions should be banned.

Especially unit bribe is VERY sick because the bribed unit can move twice in a round. It's very unrealistic too. An elephant for example represent a division of elephants and could not really be bribed. If bribing was an important issues in really war it should not be needed to have large armies to invade poor countries.

They bribe one unit that already have moved, move it again and destroy at least one more unit. Each turn they use a large number diplos in this way.

In some Civ 2 game I have played some players use diplos as the most important unit in wars.

-> they only produce diplos and no mil units. All mil units they need is btibed!

IT SUCKS!
            winzity ICQ 30339567
            Please note I don't longer use the mail address winzity@hotmail.com.
            Please ask me on ICQ or use Apolytons e-mail function if you want to send e-mail to me.

Comment

1X or 2X, Pyramids helps turn it into a runaway.
              Just because you have Pyramids doesn't mean you can't be in Republic, does it?

It's how your skanky friends used to screw people in League.
              "Let's play until 1 A.D., power graph decides."
              Pyramids built, power graph reflects mightily, another newbie bites the dust.
              All those league wins i had, i let others build HG and pyramids. I got either mikes or theo Most players never got the cities over size 8. when cities go from size 8 to 12 there is a huge impact on the PG. I won many PG games where i had half the cities of the second place player. Their cities where size 8 and mine where size 12...
              Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
              and kill them!

Comment

"All those league wins i had, i let others build HG and pyramids."

Did I call you by name? No, I don't believe I did. Thank you very much.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by winzity
                  I would like a game there diplos/spies only are allowed to etablish embassies, all other diplo/spies actions should be banned.

If bribing was an important issues in really war it should not be needed to have large armies to invade poor countries.

In some Civ 2 game I have played some players use diplos as the most important unit in wars.

-> they only produce diplos and no mil units. All mil units they need is btibed!

IT SUCKS!

Sorry mate, I believe we have recently seen a perfect example of just that happening: USofA invading Afghanistan! The basic of their succes has been bribing all those zelous brave 'fundamentalists'. And so proving how pure and fundamental these people are.
                  It is a pitty though that in Civ the reduction for re-bribing your units( as with re-bribing your cities) is not in effect.
                  "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                  "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Oh no. Not one of "those"!

Comment

If you want to post your political views... the OTF is the place to do it

What I hate is when somebody drops off line early... and all you think is that they are looking at the map... It must make the game easier
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Even coming back, and seeing the number of cities and units bites.

Comment

Even coming back, and seeing the number of cities and units bites.
                          I agree... while I understand the need for that feature (allowing a new person to at least pick the AI that stands a chance) it provides too much info, and gives a person another reason to quit.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes, quite a few time, I'd see that one of my neighbors had a low unit to city ratio, and decide that it was time to start an offensive.

And on the other side, seeing a real high ratio and posponing one.

RAH
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Cheating bastards....

From a realism standpoint, diplos are nonsense.

But then, so are LOTS of things, so we all deal with it one way or another.

I tend to be rather peaceful unless provoked, but that might be why I don't win that often.

I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Simult vs turn based is a big argument within the Australians. Deity has all sorts of objections to simult so we don't play it with him - but I love it.

I don't like unit bribe and I never play city bribe. Some of the Australians think unit bribe is okay so that's sometimes in.

We've been playing no wonders games lately - deity level 1x. Its a challenge.
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X