Another Age of War PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Age of War PBEM

Age of War is a great scenario, especially for multiplay (check out the original PBEM game for it, still going here at Apolyton. Although it's a pity about the poor old french there...)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else would like to play a PBEM for this scenario? I'll take the French. If anybody else wants a shot, please take either the Russians, English or Germans first, as these were the most important and should be filled by human players.

The civs in order of play are:
    Russians
    Italians
    French (me )
    Germans
    Turks
    English
    Spanish

Age of War is one of Exile's excellent scenarios, and can be downloaded at civfanatics if anyone needs it.

Sure i will

I'll take the english...

email is seanie_babes@hotmail.com
    "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

Give me Germany or give me death!

Comment

Here, here!

I'll take Russia theanzac@optonline.com! good to see you started it up Winterfritz!
        Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Great!

So the players are:
          Russians - The Anzac
          Italians
          French - Winterfritz
          Germans - El Awrence
          Turks
          English - Soundwave
          Spanish

I say we start now. More players can always come and take over the minor powers. But I think that four players should be a good amount to keep the game going quickly.

May I suggest a one day time limit for playing your turns? That way all of us don't have to wait for our game very long

Anzac, could you start the game (as you go first) on Prince difficulty, and post it here as well as sending it to me when you've finished? Thanks.

Good luck all!

PS Oh, and I almost forgot: make sure you all use the MPevents file for the scenario, not the normal (singleplayer) events file. Just move the events file to another directory and rename MPevents.txt to events.txt
          Thanks
          Last edited by winterfritz; January 12, 2002, 21:44.

Comment

Well, a 48hs limit would be ok, 24hs is a little too little in my opinion.

Comment

Sure, a 48 hr limit is fine.

Comment

As a quote from AOE1 "START THE GAME ALREADY"
                "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

The Grand Russian Empire has mobilized its forces.
                  Attached Files
                  Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Good Luck everyone, are you sure you dont want minor nations before starting though?
                    One of the things that is so great about the original AOW PBEM is diplomacy, most of it isn't visible in the thread though...
                    And witout those MN's diplomacy isn't as interesting

Oh and I can definatly guarantee that anyone who picks Italy will have lots of fun.
                    Henriko of Italy (original AOW PBEM)
                    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Yes, this would probably be a good idea, Henrik. The game would be way better with all player slots filled. But we won't wait for too long, maybe a day or two.

So come on in folks! This is a once only offer! Grab a minor nation for the second Age of War PBEM!

Sunny Italy... Proud Spain... The ancient but still vigourous Ottoman Empire! Any of these could be yours!

But be sure to grab one of these three desirable nations quickly, or you may lose the chance of a lifetime! So post after me and lay your claim TODAY!

BTW, El Awrence, could you please give me you email address so I can send you my save games and negotiate? I tried to send you a private message but it said your mailbox was full and I couldn't. Thanks

Comment

Ah, forgot that minor detail.

m_carreras@hotmail.com

Comment

I'll take the Italians (email: nick_dowling@hotmail.com)

What version of AoW are you guys using? Just the 'straight' version advailable from Civfanatics, or one of the many updates? (I've only got the playtest version)
                          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Good to have you with us Case!

As far as I know this is indeed the 'straight' version, available from civfanatics. You can always check with Anzac to make sure. Remember to use the MPEvents file, and not the single player one.

Your turn is right after the Anzac's (Russia). If you could post the saved game here as well as sending it to me, that'd be great.

Good luck

Comment

Italy has moved. (I used the version of AoW advailable from Civfanatics)

Notable Events

* Work on the Turin-Valence Rail Road is half finished. The Italian government hopes that this rail road will boast trade with France, and encourage future French-Italian friendship.

* The Royal Italian Navy has put to sea on its annual exercises

* The Italian Government has recieved communications from the Russian, British and French Governments proposing mutual assistance agreements. The Italian government looks very favourabily on these proposals, and has requested the specifics of the proposed agreements. The German/Austro-Hungarian ambassador is also invited to submit his nation's views on these proposed agreements.

---------------
                              Here's the file:
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Case; January 14, 2002, 03:30.
                              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Working...
                              X