Ming! Polls can't count as new threads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drake
    We had a bunch of threads open a few months ago about a tournament (which bombed). So why couldnt those have been in a single thread?
    Yeah... there were a bunch of threads... one for each game Not a good example on your behalf
    It doesn't matter if the games bombed or not... they were games as important as any other...

The rules have been the rules from the beginning... learn to deal with it

Again... why does this game deserve any different treatment from any other... the fact is... it doesn't.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

so from all of the above we seem to have a few choices to make.

1. we staya swe are and jsut do any polls inside the current thread.
      2. WE move to Stories& Diplo and conduct there as many threads as necessary.
      3. We move to civfantaics site.

i sugget a compromise, perhpas we keep the main thread where it is, but post our polls at S&D and jsut have links to that from inside the main thread. that way anyone interested in our game will be able to follow the link straight to any poll..

Would that be ok Ming ...??? or are you firm on us conducting all polls manually from withing the thread.??
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I don't moderate the S&D forums... and actually, I see no reason to ever go there, because they are so cluttered with games I have no interest in So I have no clue whether that is an acceptable option.

So I have no clue if anybody would complain to Mark about it. If you named your polls HOTW, I frankly doen't think anybody there would even notice

The only people in support of allowing multiple threads in the MP forums are people that are actually in the game... DUH I'm sure it is of great interest to the players... but that's not a good enough reason to clutter up the forums with multiple threads...

No game deserves treatment better than any other...
        I allowed more than one at first for your game... and then you just went out and created more and more threads...
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

While i agree with Ming about too many polls and threads cluttering up forums...... its not like the civ2 mp forum is that busy........ in fact its quite slow therefore i can see both sides of the arguement.

It would be kewl to have a diplomacy area for games... then those playing could have their polls there or conduct diplomacy and such so that the mp forums don't swell with single game threads....

The group i play with uses one thread to conduct business..... but then were not playing diplomatically or for more than one session these days

Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Ming needs to relax man...

The problem here is we've had this issue arise before, since our game gets so many posts DAILY I started a thread for OOC discussion, times and subs and crap like that.

Ming felt that this was too many threads, and closed a few down causing us to start the thread we are currently working on now. I don't think what Ozzy wants to do is going to be that problematic for these forum, I don't understand why this rule is in effect anyway, and I'm going to ask MarkG if he can allow it, not to undercut Ming in any way but I think Ming has made a few occuances personal matters, especially with he recent HOTW crap he's delt with.

And by the way Ming, how do you know how many people are interested in our game? You should have seen the hits we got on our website when it was up. So before you begin to talk, make sure you're doing so out of the right hole there Mingy.
            "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

I say we move...

Hey guys, I say we move HOTW2 to CivFanatics.

SunTzu is a former HOTWer and he said they'd be more than happy to accomodate our game (and our player's creative needs), and in exchange he hopes it will help develope a Diplogaming community there. What do you guys say?
              "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Yep we'll be glad to have you over there. We're already collecting discontented ex-poly's. So why not more
                Thanks for the business

Comment

Civfanatics is a very useful dumping ground for things we don't want. They think it's great business....more power to them. Civfanatics=Apolyton's *****

Comment

well i would prefer to stick what i know best and that is apolyton, although i am registered at civfanatics i hardly go there , probably less than 50 posts which is stuff all for me!!! .. Apart from this sort of issue i am happy to stay, my preference wopuld be to speak to the S&D mod and make sure he is happy for us to invade that area...

Comment

Why not encourage threads?

What's wrong with heaps of threads?

I don't get it. And to say to do straw polls for votes in ONE game thread when you have the technology to provide us with this lovely poll mechanism is absurd.

We read the Apolyton ads, therefore we pay. We are your customers. How about responding to customer needs and providing a service?

I don't see anyone else complaining about numbers of threads.

And it's a bit old-fashioned to have dictatorial moderators who aren't accountable.

For goodness sakes, we are in the year 2001 in sophisticated Democratic nations. I think there should be a published 'Code of Laws' that Moderators adhere to rather than this judgemental approach.

If Apolytron don't listen I'm with Capo. Maybe we have the one thread we are allowed here - the game organising thread; and have the story thread and MULTIPLE polls at CivFanatics.

Also, I'm sick of this line that no one cares about other peoples games. How uninspiring. I know many of us take an active interest in many other games. Even sending game files around.
                      I even read that boring thread the 2x 1x group uses

How about a bit of spark and less oppression please?
                      "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I still would like to be less confrontational , and jsut psot our Polls and stories over in the S&D thread.... LEave the game arranglement poll here for times and subs etc...

Comment

Blah blah blah... Ming hates us... He's unfair... why can't our game be special... blah.... blah.. blah... why should we have to follow the rules... why can't we do what we want... blah blah blah...

The rules have been in place since the beginning... Again, why should your game be treated any differently?
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

This forum archives every single useless thread. Every dookie rant. Every European vs. American (which we have atleast one of EVERY DAY) rant. Every thread about what day and where civ 3 is going to be released.

You talk about "clogging up" the boards. Give me a break man, go back to the OT if you want to talk about clogged up.

I don't care anymore ming. The civ2 MP community pool is drying up. The interest in the game will soon be gone (if civ3 mp has decent features). This civ2 mp forum will soon be dead for all intensive purposes, probably within the year.

This is the last civ2 hurrah for some of us, and whether it's silly or not should be of no concern to you.

Oh well, I'm shouting at a brick wall. Go read one of the 50 threads in the OT about Americans VS Europeans
                            I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                            Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Uhhh... that's why the OTF was started... to keep all that silliness out of the on topic threads

Your game as been going on for a long time... but all of a sudden, NOW, you need mulitple threads. Why... What, you can't play the game anymore unless you do polls... HUH?

Yes, eventually Civ III MP will make these forums a grave yard (assuming that it doesn't stink)... but Civ III MP will probably not be available for over 6 months... so I'm sure many of us will continue playing CivII MP until that point.

So again I must ask... why is your game so different than all others that you MUST have multiple threads... Why should the rules be any different for you?
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

For a second forget the rules. Think for yourself. Now tell me what the harm is.

I personally could live with a single thread for the game. But whats the harm of a silly poll here and there? It's not hurting anyone and certainly isn't "clogging" anything up.

You've been marky marks yes man too long. For once use your own judgement.
                                I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                                Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Working...
                                X