No announcement yet.

Ming! Polls can't count as new threads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ming! Polls can't count as new threads!

You say one thread per game, which I have problems with but i'm not going to debate that now. What I have done and Deity now i suppose is not start new threads but try to make use of the poll feature in the forums. It is a very important feature to the game and if we could conduct different polls in the same thread then fine, i'd be more than happy to do that, but the technology doesn't work that way.

Crap, they are just temporarily used threads for real purposes. We aren't keeping three equal threads open, we have one thread and then i started with a poll. There is no other way to do this. I can't see the logic in stopping active, happy from enjoying the use of these forums. We aren't spamming or unnecessarily clogging up things with dumb threads. That is done by people who don't fall under your "one thread per game rule".

With all the people frustrated with Apolyton who left for civfanatics i'd think the moderators would like to be a bit nicer to its patrons who (so far) are loyal Apolyton fans. Kicking us around isn't going to be good for this site.

Heck I even told you in the first poll thread i made that is was able to be closed since the election was over. I don't object to that but this election is still going and we are still actively using these threads, why on earth would you close them down?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

I disagree... polls are new threads... IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

You can poll all you want in your game thread... It's not like you get that many votes that it is tough to vote by hand

I cut you some slack by allowing a single poll... and all you do is whine about not getting more. It's a single game, and contrary to what you might think... only a few people care. You have 4 threads on this page related to your game...

If you want to do a poll in the future, just keep it in your thread and do a hand count... it shouldn't be too tough.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

unfortunatley i agree with ming (I wont make a habit of it) Imagine if every leader were to do a poll each week, we would have 7 polls running only to be shut then started again the following week. too many threads to keep up with.

I dont know nor understand the code behind these threads, but perhpas some one with knowledge could check and see if it is possible to add a poll to an existing thread and keep it all in one place...
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

anyone else see the irony in the last post?
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
          anyone else see the irony in the last post?
          only you Smash and perhaps Chris62 !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
            only you Smash and perhaps Chris62 !!!
            Well Ras, both Smash and I are Civfanatics mderators, so it's only logical we would recognize it.

Back to the topic, I have to say, you guys are very into your game, which is cool, but (you knew that was coming), even though I fill in for you once in awhile, I can't see the reason for all these threads.

You guys should have done just 2 of them, a game thread to talk about the game as it's played, and a history thread, to tell your nation's history as it unfolds.

Truth to tell, I don't give a fig of the names of your leaders (it was just confusing in the game, trying to figure who was who), or what they represent, I like playing the game.

Still it is an interesting game, but not so that it dominates this board.

See Ras? Didn't even mention your spamming!
            I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
            i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Seeing how its the only real game going on here at apolyton that involves any discussion that I can see, I don't really see the harm.

But oh well.
              I see the world through bloodshot eyes
              Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Isn't there a story/diplomacy forum for stuff like this.

I'm sure it will generate as much interest there as it does here.

RAH
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thats not a bad idea rah

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                    Isn't there a story/diplomacy forum for stuff like this.

I'm sure it will generate as much interest there as it does here.

RAH
                    which unfortuantly is very little

the question being then, if we move to the story/Diplo area are we allowed to have multiple Poll Threads?

Chris62 above mentions the need for 2 threads one for the game and one for history. Perhpas we should have a thread in this forum solely for game issues such as need for subs etc, and keep all the story/history stuff over in the other forums.

What thinketh you Ming is this good? Or even if me moved to Story/Diplomacy would we be limited to one thread and no polls.

And if Ming says ok, do the players think this would be good?

And apologies to Smash and Chris for more spam!!!!!

Comment

What the ****?! Not only did all the polls get closed by my most recent poll was outright deleted, what the hell for? Even if it is closed we still need the posts in there to craft history from, we archive all that stuff and keep it for the history of this game. How can you just throw it away? Damn it.

And on the topic of Stories/Diplomacy, i've checked that place out a few times and I still can't figure it out. It is even civ? ALSO and a big also, Ming always says no more than one thread per game, but in Stories/Diplomacy it seems they have a new thread PER TURN!!! How the hell can this be allowed but not polls that are IMPOSSIBLE in the same thread?

My entire game right now is based on these polls. I have to use them some how. If you can somehow set it up so that I can do new polls every week in the same thread, fine, that'd be just great. If you want to move my polls to another forum then let me know. But there has to be some way to do this or I might as well stop playing because there wouldn't be much point for me.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

The S&D forum is different... It was created to get the every turn threads out of the OTF... where they were cluttering it up.

If you want to post it at a different forum... feel free. Nobody is stopping you. If you are going to quit the game because of it

Very few people care about your game. Why can't you do a count of hands in the current thread... too much work??????
                        What's so difficult about posting in your current thread the choices, and then counting how people respond. Are you saying that you couldn't play diplo games before Apolyton had the poll feature????? So... there is a way to do it, but you ignore the obvious solution.

Why are you so special that you MUST have your weekly poll.
                        What if everybody playing a game felt the same way... You might think your game is more important than all others... but it isn't.
                        It's just another game...

I'm not going to make any exceptions to a rule that has been in place since the beginning of these forums. No game is more important than any other...
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Maybe we should start a poll to find out how many people care about this game of theirs?

Comment

ming, sounds like an abuse of power to me....whether you care about the game is irrelevent.

The civ2 mp community isnt as active as it once was. Most mp players are selling out and buying civ3 (*cough*). I don't see the harm in keeping a few silly threads open. Seems you're doing it out of spite.

Eyes, the audience really isnt important. I know most don't care about the game. It's not important. We had a bunch of threads open a few months ago about a tournament (which bombed). So why couldnt those have been in a single thread? I can sure tell you that those didn't mean a thing to most people either.

Point is, you are a mod here ming but this is not YOUR forum. Unless we are violating rules you shouldnt be closing down anything.

Do what you gotta do tho

Comment

you could always take it to another site..hint,hint

If whether or not anyone is interested is the criteria...then there are a lot of threads that need closing
                              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
                              X