Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help! Password Cracking

Hey all,

Like a moron I managed to password my Civ in a PBEM game, and have gone and lost my friggin' password. It was on file in my pc, and I must have deleted it on accident. Now, is there a way to go into the .net file and retrieve the password? I opened up my .net with Notepad and looked around, but I don't know where to look. I will include the .net file from the first round of turns (with me going first) such that other players will not have their password seen. I am playing as the Danish if that is of any help.

Please, please help me. I got 6 people waiting on my incompetence. I feel like an idiot.

-FMK.
    Attached Files

if there is a way I hope it is given via private message.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

If you can't crack it... just open the game as a regular game, go into scenario mode and use the cheat menu... Heck, some people use that between sessions (and during games with a second computer) to cheat and view the map
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Never fear!

Well after about literally 3 hours of pluggin in every password I ever used, or even thought of, I managed to hit the jackpot! You won't believe how dumbarse my password was... it is my initials.

Just for the record, I didn't recieve any PMs or anything, so the secret to unlocking passwords is still forever unknown.

-FMK.
        Last edited by klesh; September 26, 2001, 22:13.

Comment

After 3 hours, was there still anyone else around that cared?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
          X