Wargame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wargame

I would like to play the following kind of game. Four players, two alliances. Similar to the old Arena games. Bloodlust, ie no Apollo.

However I would like to put a cap on the technologies available. What I propose is to make leadership the pre req for cavalry and have the tech tree stop at conscription, steam engine, magnetism, leadership, explosives, metallurgy.

This would allow the game to develop into a pure wargame with its accompanying strategies, but the tech, cap would create the need for a more cunning approach than a howitzer blitz or nukes.

The difficulty level should probably be set on King to avoid excessive happiness concerns.
    No Wonders, No city bribe, but unit bribe ok.

Anyone interested?
    Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

A taste for 19th century war

That game sounds a lot like the game we played makeo.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

are you saying no non-military techs?
      Where I've been

SAVE THE TREES...wipe your ass with an owl:)

Comment

The problem with this type of games is everybody builds on hill and montain and you can't take any cities.
        Interesting concept though, something different than the usual wonder race.

Comment

All techs are available up until the limits i gave. ie the industrial period of time.

Horse its very much like our game which is why i want to play it since that game was so much fun.

Its easy to make a rule, no building on mountains or hills. Forests ok.

Comment

I would like to play. I don't have ICQ anymore, but my MSN messenger is unabrett@hotmail.com and Yahoo pager is Unabrett.
            Weeknights (PST) are best.
            Let's hook it up
            "The power of Christ compels you."

Comment

Originally posted by Makeo
              All techs are available up until the limits i gave. ie the industrial

Its easy to make a rule, no building on mountains or hills. Forests ok.

Damn cowards ,, !!! come take my hillside fortress !!!!
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Normally I'd say yes, but the idea of "no-cities-on-mountains" makes me decline...The Mountaineering Beavers will not stand for denegrating our hilltop strongholds!

-KhanMan
                Archer of Tuatha
                Thrice dead by Makeo's hand...fourth time's the charm?
                Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
                -KhanMan

Comment

I've created this scenario if anyone wants to give it a go.

Comment

I'm in. weeknights are best, just gimme a time and date. I'm PST, BTW.
                    "The power of Christ compels you."

Comment

okdokey.

So settings are king, No wonders, no building on hills or mountains. no city bribe but unit bribe ok.

i sent you an email before i saw this post as messenger wasn't working.

Comment

Working...
                      X